Some of my models

Achim Engels

I just thought as a new member I show some of my models, which are all part of my own little modelling museum. Well actually it is all my mancave and friends suggested I open it at least one day in the month to the public. So it "accidently" turned into a museum that way.

Here are some WWI related models and items in my room.

I am happy to show more, if interest is.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

Some nice little models and artefacts there.  I took a look at your museum website (from the watermark on one of the photos).  It looks like a very interesting collection, and I would try to visit if ever in the area.

Thank you for joining Britmodeller and sharing your pictures.

• Like 1

Surely the greatest man cave in existence! Bit too far to drop in, you'll have to post more pictures!

You weren't by any chance involved in building TVAL's BE2c 2612? 

Richie

10 minutes ago, RichieW said:

Surely the greatest man cave in existence! Bit too far to drop in, you'll have to post more pictures!

You weren't by any chance involved in building TVAL's BE2c 2612? 

Richie

No, but I built their Fokker D.VIIIs, their D.VII and two upcomming E.IIIs among other things.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RichieW said:

Cool, an Eindekker...2 of them!!! 

I may have to persuade my better half that we need a plane spotting holiday in NZ. 

Richie

Those two are currently prepared and are the sister ships of my own one:

spacer.png

Edited by Achim Engels
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Biggu said:

WOW, that is so incredibly cool... I'd love to see more.... outstanding

Hello Biggu, you are welcome. I will post more here, but I am new to the site and have not yet studied all the rules. I do not want to flood this place in the wrong spot. However, you can check out the whole collection also on Facebook. The pages may also serve well as resources for information to modellers. Here is the link. If this is not approbriate, may the admins feel free to delete. I do not want to take the attention away from here. You may find my work and the collection modelwise on my Fb pages at:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2145618568814194/?multi_permalinks=8524085340967453&notif_id=1670821673421111&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

https://ww.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063549487830

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064067261938

• Like 1

Achim, I have long admired your full-scale work and have been fortunate to see some of your aircraft in TVAL's collection (I live 3hr drive from their base). I would love to visit when my wife and I eventually get to Europe.

Welcome to the forum and I confess to being a little star-struck!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, k5054nz said:

Achim, I have long admired your full-scale work and have been fortunate to see some of your aircraft in TVAL's collection (I live 3hr drive from their base). I would love to visit when my wife and I eventually get to Europe.

Welcome to the forum and I confess to being a little star-struck!!

Very kind of you. Whenever you are near feel free to come and see me. We could share a barbeque at my place. Maybe there is something new on the horizon to see at Masterton - but it is not all set yet, so I have to be not too loud about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, roginoz said:

I don't recognise the motorbike in one of your photos, can you tell me what it is, thanks.

As others have posted, @Achim Engels, what a wonderful mancave/museum !

Rog

You mean the green one in the first shot? This is a Exprex SL98 of 1935 One of my other hobbies restoration projects.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, roginoz said:

Definitely a new one on me !

Off to check my vintage m/c library.

Thanks Achim.

Rog

You may want to check out my youtube channel for more on that. I have a video about it there, too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lANd1Y5O_iQ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2