Hello from Staffordshire.

Nosirrah

Hi, returned to modelling after a break of several decades. The mind is willing but

eyes not so sharp as they were. I have been inspired by the incredible work I have seen 

on this site and hope to develop my abilities, but the main thing is enjoyment. 

Thank you all.

Geoff

• Like 5

Welcome Geoff

My eyes need help too, despite glasses, and I can definitely recommend one of those head mounted magnifiers, if you haven't already got one. They make all the difference.

All the best,

Ian

Welcome Geoff,

Loads of great folks on this site. Yes a magnifier will server you well. I've had to replace my original one of 40 years or so. The new one has 3 different power lenses and works well with some one like myself that wears glasses. Even works with my bifocals. Only thing I had to learn is the distance between the object and my eyes. I also have one of those lights that has the magnifier built in. Looking forward to your work in progress.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

Welcome aboard Geoff!

I too have resorted to an illuminated magnifier (which has made an enormous difference)  which is now covered in paint!

Enjoy your return to the hobby.  You'll get plenty of help and inspiration from the forum!

Best regards 

Peter 

9 hours ago, Nosirrah said:

Hi, returned to modelling after a break of several decades. The mind is willing but

eyes not so sharp as they were. I have been inspired by the incredible work I have seen 

on this site and hope to develop my abilities, but the main thing is enjoyment. 

Thank you all.

Geoff

Thanks for all the advice folk. I will  be looking at a head set in the future.

I guess my main interests are WW2 aircraft and British Cold War aircraft. Although anything interesting really. Avro Shackleton and EE Lightening are up there for me.

Wot they said Geoff.  I'm very much in the same position as you having returned to modelling after a long absence.  I also struggle with eyesight problems and use an illuminated headband magnifier which is invaluable.  As you said, it's all about enjoyment!

What area of modelling interests you?

I  have just dabbled in some armoured stuff, must say I did really enjoy the change.willing to give anything a go if the subject matter interests me. Maybe some figures in the future.

• Like 1