AMT 1/25 1967 Shelby GT-350

3 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Looking forward to seeing those, are you doing black spokes and chrome rims ?

Chris

Sort of Chris they will have some black sections added πŸ€”. There's probably a correct name for this type of wheel but I don't happen to know it πŸ™„πŸ‘

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Β 

Round? :whistle:

Β 

:coat:Β on & gone....Β 

Β 

K

Already got ya....you just ain't read it yet πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Β 

Dunno what I've missed mate, just read the last page again - must be not able to see for looking - again....!!Β 

Β 

K

I was referring to my comment on the modelworks thread mate πŸ™‚πŸ‘

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Andy J said:

I was referring to my comment on the modelworks thread mate πŸ™‚πŸ‘

Β 

Old age I'm afraid Andy - I'm losing track all the time.....!! 🀣

Β 

K

• Haha 1

So today's update is all about the wheels. I've removed the kit chrome with good old household bleach applied a coat of mr surfacer black and then 1 light coat of molotow chrome followed by a second wet coat of molotow chrome. The whole process took no more than 20 minutes from start to finish and I think this is a valuable weapon for all modellers to have in their arsenal. I'm genuinely impressed with the results and as it's so simple to achieve a decent chrome finish it's a no brainer imo. Here's a few pic's of the resultsΒ 

Β 

Wheels after kit chrome removalΒ 

Β 

spacer.png

Β 

Wheels after primer and molotow chrome appliedΒ 

Β 

spacer.png

Β 

Like I say I think they look very acceptable and a vast improvement on the kit chrome. Thanks for looking back soon πŸ™‚πŸ‘

• Like 6

I've now applied a seal for the molotow chrome by using Gauzy shine enhancer and I'm pleased to say that the varnish hasn't effected the finish at all. I'll leave these alone now to thourghly dry and then after a bit of detail painting I can fit them to the Mustang.Β 

Β 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Β 

I'm happy with the results πŸ™‚πŸ‘

• Like 4

Well I weren't gonna touch these again today but I couldn't resist adding the black sections to the wheels. Having tried them against the side of the car I think they look cool. I will molotow the wheel nuts once the wheels are in place on the car as a finishing touch.Β 

Β 

spacer.png

Β 

I'm happy with the way the wheels have turned out and look forward to seeing them in place. Right I'm off to prepare for a shopping trip later on today πŸ˜‰. Thanks for looking back soon πŸ™‚πŸ‘

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, 81-er said:

That's a great looking build Andy. I think the name for the wheels is RostyleΒ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rostyle_wheel

Β 

Nice trick on the chrome too, did you thin the paint down before spraying?

Β 

James

Thanks for the information James i really ought to do more research on my builds but I just want to get on and build them πŸ™‚. I sprayed the molotow chrome straight from the bottle at about 15psi from a distance of about 12 inches and it lays down perfectly.Β 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, busnproplinerfan said:

I read someplace, think on here, Future thinned with a bit of water is also safe on alclad at least. Not sure on Molotow. Haven't seen Gauzy agent.

Well all I can say is that the Gauzy product i used works great no problems at all πŸ™‚πŸ‘

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, 81-er said:

I think the name for the wheels is Rostyle

Β 

That's interesting, I wondered about them being Rostyle but thought they were a British brand and only did a 4 spoke style. So thanks for the link James, learnt something new again today! :)

Β 

Keith

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Β 

That's interesting, I wondered about them being Rostyle but thought they were a British brand and only did a 4 spoke style. So thanks for the link James, learnt something new again today! :)

Β 

Keith

I'm glad you find my build threads educational Keith πŸ˜πŸ‘

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Β 

Always Andy, everyday's a school day in all your builds.... :)

Β 

K

So Keith how about a Land Rover finished in molotow chrome πŸ€”Β 

That is interesting re the wheelsΒ  they look like a wheelΒ  called South African Sprintstars in VW circles for the pre 1967 VWs with the wide 5 stud pattern, but with ribs along the spokes for added pleasure!!!

Great job on those AndyΒ 

Chris

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

That is interesting re the wheelsΒ  they look like a wheelΒ  called South African Sprintstars in VW circles for the pre 1967 VWs with the wide 5 stud pattern, but with ribs along the spokes for added pleasure!!!

Great job on those AndyΒ 

Chris

Well Chris whatever wheels they are im happy with how they look πŸ™‚πŸ‘

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Β 

:nodding:

I've just been shopping Keith and I think you'll be happier with my latest addition to the stash πŸ˜‰ πŸ‘Β 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Full size Kayman???πŸ˜‰

Not yet mate I'm afraid but the search goes on πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

• Like 2