Sd.Kfz 181 Tiger 1 SUPERTHREAD

M3talpig

2 hours ago, diablo rsv said:

And so you should , that looks superb.

Wayne.

spacer.png

Hey Wayne ......been a while since you were here...nice to see ya bud  ........ :D

2 hours ago, Stef N. said:

It's looking fantastic. The care and attention to detailing, painting and the texture of certain objects,like the exhausts, is inspiring to me. Nice one.👍

Thanks bud .....started off shaky but think i got my act together now.... :P

20 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Looking good, Steve !!

Now… Wake up and crack on, lad, there’s a good fella ;)

Just a little nap back at it .....think most of the weekend will be spent painting little dots...... :mental:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Chipping and rust on the skirts almost done.....chipping done with acrylic and the rust done with various shades of rust oils.....photos don't do it justice ...it looks so real it's scary :P

spacer.png spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Longbow said:

Diorama fodder. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's like an add the caption competition....

Photo one:  As the stench of rotting vegetation made its presence felt the commander points accusingly; "It bloody well isn't me, its him, he did it", he says pointing to the guilty looking fella carrying the PPSh.

Or: Guy with PPSh, it's so kind of you to mount this log here for my uncommonly long leg to rest on, very thoughtful...

Photo two: look at those two drama queens posing for the camera....

:drink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not bad steve @M3talpig I suppose....he says desperately trying to find fault...:nerd:

Super work,  think I peaked early with the superlatives.:doh:

I Like the tracks, had to have a think about the guide horns but I reckon you've got them right. The outside of them wouldn't rub against owt would they??

Are we going to be graced with figures too?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Longbow said:

Diorama fodder. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Top photo with all the guys standing on the Tiger up front ......anybody else notice how wide the mantlet cheeks are on that ...there huge......don't remember seeing a mantlet like that before.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Top photo with all the guys standing on the Tiger up front ......anybody else notice how wide the mantlet cheeks are on that ...there huge......don't remember seeing a mantlet like that before.

I had noticed it, at first thinking it was a fake T34 Movie Tiger. 
But then realized it’s 505 Tiger, and not fake at all. 

I’m thinking that the Dragon kits have one of those wide ones ? Maybe ?

I still had some hair when I started these.😭😀

Due to the Tamiya indi tracks having large ejector marks,on every single one, in a prominent position, the RFM tracks will be going on the Tamiya Sturmtiger. The Masterclub tracks will be going on the RFM Sturmtiger. It makes sense to me but maybe not to everyone else.😀

p?i=7b187348880801841095554722a91f1f

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

so now it is going for ridiculous amounts.

no way i'm paying that for a book who's info is probably well out of date by now .....crazy price. Thanks for the link though and the info :goodjob:

• Like 1

The weathering continues ...haven't even touched the turret yet lol, any way some more work with oils to do things like fuel spills dust streaking and the last of the chipping ...painted the spare track links and the metal finish on the pioneer tools...painted the blanking cups on the radio and drivers openings....finished the tracks at last metalised with graphite and completed the guide horns also detail painted the mesh screens on the engine deck with graphite and rust tones....shaded the jack block...next up the radio and drivers hatches, the tow cables and gun cleaning rods and then the last of the detail painting before finishing the exhaust covers. Really having fun with this now :clap:

spacer.png  spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 10

Morning Everyone,

Just a general query which hopefully the Tiger hivemind can answer.  Whilst looking at builds on YouTube and pictures on here something odd has struck me about the driver and radio operators hatches.  The periscopes seem to be facing outwards at c45 degrees as opposed to straight ahead.  Any ideas why?  I'd have thought straight ahead would make more sense.

John

• Like 2

1 minute ago, johnccc said:

Morning Everyone,

Just a general query which hopefully the Tiger hivemind can answer.  Whilst looking at builds on YouTube and pictures on here something odd has struck me about the driver and radio operators hatches.  The periscopes seem to be facing outwards at c45 degrees as opposed to straight ahead.  Any ideas why?  I'd have thought straight ahead would make more sense.

John

This is because the driver has a vision block facing forward, to drive, and the radio operator can see through the machine gun sight/port.

The 45 degree episcope on the hatches gives a semi-side view.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Longbow said:

This is because the driver has a vision block facing forward, to drive, and the radio operator can see through the machine gun sight/port.

The 45 degree episcope on the hatches gives a semi-side view.

What he said .......... :P

Hi folks,

good to know - there ares some other Tiger-enthusiasts still on this planet!

I have built the #405 Command-Tiger (December 1942 Production) from LAH.

Known from many pictures - here during Guderian inspection.

Hope you like it.

Regards.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, GI_Joe said:

Hi folks,

good to know - there ares some other Tiger-enthusiasts still on this planet!

I have built the #405 Command-Tiger (December 1942 Production) from LAH.

Known from many pictures - here during Guderian inspection.

Hope you like it.

Regards.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

That's very nice indeed...and welcome to the forum and the Tiger superthread.... if you decide to paint it please share pics of the progress i'm certain we would all like to see that lovely model recieve a coat of paint 

• Like 1