Attack on La Haye Sainte (Waterloo)

ERK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,    well  I decided  I should  get my act  together  and  give my little figures  some attention  -  I  am  flat coating my  painted figures   but as my airbrush  is no longer with me  -  its  brush time,  this  is not a problem  just  the one light brush over  then put aside to dry  till  tomorrow when they will  have a  second coat.

Its  good  to   be back.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,    more work contiues  with my little  project  -  I decided  that my French  Blue  jackets  are not  dark enough,  so I have been working  through  them  by adding a  drop of Blue  to  my Matt  Black and  painting the  Blue areas  -  think they look better  as they  should  be an almost  Blue Black  shade.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

Good day all,    more progress  this  time  working on my British Cavalry  - I have added a  brush coat of  matt  over  them  as a  flat base  for  more  detail  paints  to  go on.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

I  have been   doing a  bit  of  photo editing in lightroom and  Topaz   to   bring more  details   out   of the  painting of the  scene  inside  the  farm  and  my  outer wall.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Morning all,

I  thought as  a  boost  to my mojo  I would  treat myself  to another addision  to  my build,  I had seen  that  Victrix  had  released some  new  figures  and  upped their  quality,  so  I got a  single  spru  of the  French  -  Polish Lancers,  the   quality of these  has to be seen to be believed.

I have  enclosed a  release  pic  of  the Victrix  figure  (Victrix  figure  not mne)   and  the  spru.

Cant wait for it to arrive.spacer.png

spacer.png

Erk.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Morning all,  I  have  found out a  good  tip  -   with my  Acrylic  Matt   flat coat varnashing,   my   Mig   Lucky   Ultra  Matt   has   beig playing up some what  and  not  being  "Utra Matt"   so  I decided  to  try  an  idea  by  heating the  varnish  up  by  sitting the  bottle  in a dish  of  hot water  -  then a  thorough  shake  before   uisng.  It does  seen  to have helped   possibly  the heat  makes  the  pigments   mix   better.

Erk.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am  back  after a  mojo  lapse   - I have  been  re   flat top  coating  my troops   as  I  have been having  issues  with a  shiny   flat  finish  -  think I got it   sorted.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

Hi all,   I have started  to populate  my dio  again  starting off  with  more French  on the  roadside and in the  orchard  -  here  are a  few pics.

Erk.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Hunter Rose said:

Looking good, I really like how its full of life and action but without feeling crowded

Thank you  kindly,  plenty more  figures  to be  added   yet  -  to  portray  the  crowded  scene  around the  front  gate.

Erk.