H builds A WHIFY Osprey FINISHED

giphy.gif

“I have a cunning plan”

With 7Sqn RAF being the dedicated SF Sqn and the loss of the SAR Sqns, the RAF decided to set up a new CSAR Sqn away from prying eyes. MOD Boscombe Down was chosen to base the new Sqn (being the UK equivalent of Area 51) using some of the many HAS’s no longer in use. 16Sqn was reactivated and charged with bringing the new aircraft into service and trialing camouflage. Everything looks cool in a camo wrap. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 3

I have opened the box and made a little start

image image

On closer inspection and pictures on T’interweb, Revell have produced the production variant of the Osprey, not in in service one. Tell tale signs, one large rear cargo ramp instead of the split two piece and incorrect large rear u/c doors. Will leave the u/c doors as is, but will be chopping the rear ramp along the tape line. 

Will have to update the WHIFY story.

Urmmm, The US agreed to Westlands building the Ospreys for UK service, but somehow managed to send the pre production blueprints. Not to be put off, Westlands, in consultation with the RAF produced an all UK variant warts and all. 

That should do it!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nimrod54 said:

This 'Iffy Whiffy' is looking pretty smart mate. I look forward to seeing how it turns out. 

Cheers dude,

To splinter or to wrap, that is the question. 

15 hours ago, Doccur said:

Wrap gets my vote!

Excellent work so far. 

14 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hmmm Wrap would be more along the lines of accuracy. But a splinter scheme might be kool or there’s even Digital camouflage ? 

Splinter looks cool. 

• Like 7

There’s been a change of plan, well slightly. The splinter tail has been rubbed back and now repainted in Humbrol dark green, ready for its camo wrap. I fear I may have to hold off on photo updates until the painting is complete. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, CrippledGinge said:

This is looking great, I'm just building a version myself and thinking of a whif version my self possibly a Boscombe Down "raspberry ripple" version

Great choice.