***Finished*** The mighty hunter

PhantomBigStu

Mine had flash on the clear part and fuselage but, when I trimmed it off, the fit wasn't too bad?

How's yours? :) 

On 6/17/2019 at 8:45 AM, CedB said:

Mine had flash on the clear part and fuselage but, when I trimmed it off, the fit wasn't too bad?

How's yours? :) 

Had cleared the flash on both, did a bit more hacking and fixed the fit at the rear and sides, and carefully built the front up with superglue, now to make it nice and neat 

48086980351_37b9c2ee68_b.jpg

Edit: and there it is nice and neat, now do gloss coat next or clear fix the nose and door windows that have fallen out and then gloss... 

48088062331_2c3ae99d54_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 4

Powered through the rest of the decals today after a disaster this morning, now just to check the paint work, wash any debris off and Matt varnish it before attaching the various aerials in time for the deadline :) 

48162934691_00c99b92f3_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, trickyrich said:

no need to rush Stu, you still have plenty of time.

Fair point, looking good timewise, varnish the underside tommorow, paint and attach the aerials Saturday and varnish them, and then cut the stand hole Sunday to make the gallery. Did have a sight issue today, lost one of the Airfix roundels to a slip on the hand, so replaced them all with the much better printed xtradecal roundels 

16 hours ago, trickyrich said:

"breaking the bottle lid" that doesn't sound good!

Wasn’t a big deal, just couldn’t open it, seems the inner seal mechanism had gunked up and needed hot water to loosen, anyway getting there, only slight concern over the break line on the probe, sanding it down without rebreaking it 

48222158882_d95cd44d79_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

well done Stu, you made it!! :thumbsup: She is an impressive looking aircraft for sure and I'm glad she made it into the gallery!!!

Thanks for joining us here Stu, was great have you along as usual, I do hope you enjoyed the build, it was great to follow.

On 7/8/2019 at 11:36 PM, trickyrich said:

well done Stu, you made it!! :thumbsup: She is an impressive looking aircraft for sure and I'm glad she made it into the gallery!!!

Thanks for joining us here Stu, was great have you along as usual, I do hope you enjoyed the build, it was great to follow.

Glad to be part of the GB and glad having gone ambitious it paid off

• Like 1