***Finished*** The mighty hunter

PhantomBigStu

Getting ahead of myself given I’ve got some much to start, but got an airfix seaking it would be nice to do as an AEW for this, though I am being tempted by something a little larger in the same light though must resist...I still haven’t finished the last two large builds I started....

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

Good luck Stu - just finished mine. I think it's a nice kit if you ignore the issues; the resin correction sets are not my favourites now I have to say.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CedB said:

Good luck Stu - just finished mine. I think it's a nice kit if you ignore the issues; the resin correction sets are not my favourites now I have to say.

Yours was the inspiration though I’m going to got for an out of the box build, if i recall somewhere in the 4000000 pages you painted the interior accurately? Off red floor and blue seats I think?

• Like 1

welcome along Stu with a rather large build this time!

Buy the looks of it you have another scheme in mind with the Xrtadecals? I suspect she's a rather large beast as well, hopefully you have plenty of space for her.

Good luck with this build and look forward to seeing her in the gallery.

• Like 1

Cracking kit, loved building mine a few years ago. No resin needed but a slight reprofile of the nose and fin tip dome make a big difference for little effort and no expense.

Looking forward to see you make a good job of this.

Colin

• Like 1

On 29/03/2019 at 11:14, PhantomBigStu said:

Yours was the inspiration though I’m going to got for an out of the box build, if i recall somewhere in the 4000000 pages you painted the interior accurately? Off red floor and blue seats I think?

Thanks Stu :) 

Yep, off red floor, blue seats as shown nicely here:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2rom152&s=9#.XJ-NVC10c_U

• Like 1

15 hours ago, trickyrich said:

welcome along Stu with a rather large build this time!

Buy the looks of it you have another scheme in mind with the Xrtadecals? I suspect she's a rather large beast as well, hopefully you have plenty of space for her.

Good luck with this build and look forward to seeing her in the gallery.

Nope,  I’m going to go out of the box as the R1 spy version....:)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

apologies for going dark, circumstances meant working on this wasn’t really possible that much and eventually ran out of barely grey and for reasons took time to order more, finally got some today, just need to mix them all into one bulk pot tommorow so I can return to work, though fitting this, a c47 and a b25 on the bench will be tricky...

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1