1/200 British Airways Negus Super 737-236

Hasegawa pretty much released this little gemstone of a tiddler at the same time that British Airways retired their Trident fleet and took delivery of their first 737-236. The kit carries the same registration as BA's first (G-BGDA) which was delivered by Boeing in December 1981.

That makes the kit 38 years old and like most of that age, the decals have had to be re-lacquered. The port side of the fuselage had lost its shape in storage and what looks a simple task, proved very difficult to join and make into a decent continuous profiled tube.

Having just completed my 1/200 Hasegawa Negus L1011, I felt it an appropriate time to get this other Negus livery kit put together.

DSCF8259

DSCF8266

DSCF8298

DSCF8299

DSCF8302

DSCF8304

DSCF8325

DSCF8328

DSCF8375

DSCF8410

DSCF8397

DSCF8448

DSCF8449

That's as far as I have got for the moment. This kit make the Airfix 1/72 BE2 kit look big !

• Like 7

Excellent. I loved the 737-200 series and am also very fond of British Airways schemes.

I admit I'd never heard of this particular kit before but it looks very good especially considering its age, or maybe that's the workmanship :)

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:54 AM, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Nice work John, I am sure you have mentioned before, but what putty do you use the fill your window openings using that inside-out method?

Hi

I don't think I have a standard filler - I have used and tried so many. The nicest for these windows for me is the Vallejo Model putty filler or Mr Hobby Fine white putty however I have been known to use car panel filler too on some kits as it dries nice and fast and tends not to stay soft in the centre and sands easier than the norm

• Like 1

from what I can see of the kit - the outer wheels of the main undercarriage had some sort of wheel hub whereas the inner wheel had all its nuts and centre hub bolt open to the elements - I guess that is because the main wheels were exposed to the elements when stowed and the wheel hub would have helped with the streamlining and noise reduction

• 2 weeks later...

The tiddler is completed now - soon to be over on the RFI pages - I am rather disappointed in myself having produced a very doggy straight line between the blue and white of the fuselage. Good fun kit though, it needed to be built.

DSCF8536

DSCF8537

DSCF8538

DSCF8539

DSCF8540

• Like 2