Pusser's Bent Wing 1/48

...and whoever else has re-popped this one. An old clunker but a no stress build. Picked it up at Plymouth Model Show last month for the princely sum of £8. I did need to get a replacement engine (slightly more than the kit itself) as the kit one looked like an attempt at 3D printing of ectoplasm. Wheels were from the spares 'bucket.' The fuselage managed to part as I was applying decals. Hopefully it doesn't show too much. Underwing light was hollowed out and replaced by layer upon layer of Klear to give an impression of glass.

Some of the decals have silvered probably due to age (got the Kiwi ones spare if anyone wants them). Rather heavy chipping done with a silver pencil which I found out is water soluble when I tried to remove some from the spine aft of the canopy so it looks like a thin veneer of bird honga. Only noticed this when uploading phots.

Humbrol enamels throughout which sprayed surprisingly well this time around. Klear prior to decaling then Humbrol Matt varnish to finish. Panel lines done with a battered old micro brush and pastels. Fuel staining done with a dark wash then blown aft and allowed to dry. Not a show stopper but I enjoyed it. Oh and that's the B side of my cutting mat if anybody is questioning it's cleanliness.

DSC00508.jpg

DSC00505.jpg

DSC00504.jpg

DSC00503.jpg

DSC00502.jpg

DSC00501.jpg

DSC00500.jpg

DSC00499.jpg

DSC00498.jpg

DSC00497.jpg

• Like 18