And you on yer sickbed too

Good on you mate

:thumbsup2:

she looks amazing

THAT PIANO

Tell the babe there's absolutely no other place that should have this

except maybe a regimental or squadron museum

it is going to be wonderful

Thank you Bill - very kind of you to say.  I just hope the paint job works out ok - still got to identify RAF Olive Drab yet.  Hope to make a start on the infra red jammers before I go on Saturday.  They look a bit more complex though and need a bit of thought

There's an Xtracolor Helicopter Green which I have to admit I haven't tried yet (got it in a box someplace round here)

And I'm still waiting for you to finish so I can get the proper colour for my HC4 Sea king which I'm sure must be that colour too

(gosh I just remembered I also have a Apache for building too, we'd better find out soon what colour to lay stocks in of)

So I'm still waiting, and to see how you colour those rainbowy coloured sensors too

You'll soon get that sorted  :)

Thanks Bill.  I may have a little look at that.  I've seen a few whinges about Xtracolor paint but I've never had a problem with it personally.

IMG_5153_zpsjflvjsv1.jpg

Good to go with these now.  Not much to them, and no point in doing anything beyond what you can see as they will be covered up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, perdu said:

Brutalist architecture Si, I love it

Coming at a gallop now

:thumbsup:

Thanks Bill.

ive woken up to a PM from hataka offering to replace the paint. They've admitted there is a problem and reckon it's been fixed. Apparently they published a statement about the paint. I'll ask them to point me at it and I'll happily post the link as I'm a fair lad and happy to correct things if it's justified. 

I will I'll let you know how I get on when it turns up. The big question is how do you tell if you have old formula paint😳?

its nice to see a manufacturer holding their hand up😊

happy days🤔? Let's see how it sprays

• Like 2

Fair does Si, let's hope you get something decent from them

Maybe they have a definitive helo olive

Its a shame if their paint range is s*itcanned for ever over one famously crap batch

As you say its good that they held their hands up, one 'little' user is very easy to ignore

Have a good day Si, started well. :)

6 hours ago, viper-30 said:

Problem with the paint ...could you point me to where you ever mention an issue with paint.....

morning 

T

You have to really search as he keeps his thoughts very close to his chest!?!

• Like 1

Have I moaned about Hataka paint?  I must have missed that.

I've had a pm exchange with them today and paint manufactured in 2015 is basically crap as it clogs in airbrushes - they have acknowledged the problem on a number of facebook forums.  They also said if anyone has the old paint they will swop it, which is very nice of them.  The new Red Line formula hasnt got any problems.

Basically they are shipping me some new paint to have a crack with.  I've said I'll test it thoroughly and if its OK, I will use it on the Wokka. Now I dont know about you lot but I think that is pretty decent of them.  Watch this space.  If its good, it will get a glowing report. 

Now fair play to Britmodeller for letting me have a pop as a manufacturer without banning me or warning me.  Sites like this are dependent on relationships with manufacturers.  I did have a massive pop at InAccurate Armour a few years when the MD called me a liar on email over the crap mold for the 4 tonner (Bedford) cab.  I had three of them (cabs) with the same fault.  InAccurate Armour accused me of stockpiling cabs and making the whole thing up.  What on earth they would think I am doing with three resin 1/35th scale cabs is beyond me, but there you go.  When I had said pop in my build, the modelling forum took my posts down as they didn't want to upset Derek. Well done Britmodeller for serving manufacturers and modellers alike.  A good result all round.

Still in Londonistan at the minute and its looking like a late night home, so dunno if I will get anything done as she will insist on packing tonight.

• Like 4

Well done Hataka and as you say Britmodeller for allowing the exchange of information and getting the problems resolved

I will look forward to you giving Hataka11 a fair and reasonable testing procedure

Let's face it we want a decent supply of the colours we need don't we, there're still big paint ranges that don't have RAF Blue Grey for instance

That London? Brave setting foot in there

I'm OK as far in as the North Circular, after that, well I hear there be dragons...

• Like 1

No you got that wrong surely

She's got LIPPY on   *

It's a girl thing I understand

Or  vaguely remembered  :(

*(Drawn from old files kept under the thirty year rules of course)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kirk said:

Don't want to take advantage of a manufacturer getting their products showcased on an superlative build. Hmmm.

Well I've given them a right slagging off and they are sorting the problem.  I told the lad just to send me the paints for the Wokka but he's stuck the other stuff in the box as well.  At the rate I do things, I may get round to using it in 20-30 years................  That said, the thing is, its RAF Olive Drab which is what I want, and if the paint is crap, believe me it wont get anywhere near the model and it will be an Xtracolor special.

What's making me nervous about the stuff currently is 'can I spray other manufacturers paint on top of it?' - the last stuff was horrible and it didn't cure.  Other thing is mixing it with other colours (same manufacturer) - how does that work exactly or will it work?  I have to say I'm very nervous based on the last experience.  I also spotted a thread on Britmodeller dedicated to the paint which has other people's experiences documented.

Out of this whole situation the one thing that makes me laugh is its exposed reviewers on a number of sites who were sent samples and all of whom published glowing reports when the paint was released.  Really????  Makes me wonder how many reviews are gen, as opposed to people sucking up to manufacturers for free-bees from them for promoting their products.  Not that I'm cynical you must understand........................

So..... if its still sh*te I wont be using it

Edited by simmerit
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kirk said:

If it is, I have a funny feeling we may get to know. :rofl:

Well I'm optimistic that they will have fixed it - stuff like this kills businesses, so its not really an option for them. It has to be fixed.  After thepoke I gave them, it only seems fair that if the products works now, I'll use it and give it a good report.

Isnt social media horrible........

• 2 weeks later...

well I'm back from skiing all refreshed and with nothing broken, which is always a good thing.  I have missed the Wokka loads as well:o, but also checked into some of the fantastic builds on here, like @Ex-FAAWAFUs stunning build.  I must say, with armour you can pretty much slap that pain on, but looking at that heli build, I'm going to have to step my game up on the painting front.  He has really set the bar high for  finishing off the paint job.

So.... I did have a little think about the countermeasures that I need to finish, and came to the conclusion that this 

IMG_5455_zps7rbbmjdm.jpg

is useable.  It needs some hacking about after I've soldered it as the tray is not a proper reflection of the real thing, but the dispenser looks about right.

The Hataka paint turned up from the Polish lad while I was away as well.  I must say I am very nervous about using it, but we will see how we get on.

Right.  Three more sets of those counter measures to snip off and bend into shape and its time for some soldering.

Must say its nice to be back

• Like 1

Seemed like a good idea at the time....

IMG_5456_zpsyqp8uote.jpg

two of the flare/chaff dispensers are spot on (the one at the top) and two of them are rubbish.  How can you get that wrong?

I had to score a line as one of the bends wasnt etched on the bottom one.  Then I spotted that the dispensers are located in the wrong place on the box, so basically, two of these are bin material which is a shame as they looked like they worked.  I've cut the two useful bits off and I'll make two news flare/chaff dispensers out of placcy (circled below)

IMG_5457_zpsut7txjuh.jpg

I've circled the bits that want chopping off on the mounting box.  

Never a dull moment.  Tis should have been a 2 minute job!!

• Like 2

Glad you didn't bust anything when dashing about on slippy grounds

I think I'd send the crappy etch back to the monkey that sold it to you, this is good money being monstered

However I understand where you are at over it

I do like the good ones, peachy mate

Are you going to play with the Hataka paint soon or kick it into touch for now?

5 minutes ago, perdu said:

Glad you didn't bust anything when dashing about on slippy grounds

I think I'd send the crappy etch back to the monkey that sold it to you, this is good money being monstered

However I understand where you are at over it

I do like the good ones, peachy mate

Are you going to play with the Hataka paint soon or kick it into touch for now?

I've binned them!  

4 minutes ago, perdu said:

Presumably you mean the etch not the paint

:yikes:

Yep - the etch.

On the painting front, I reckon I need a full weekend on the table (I cant say bench as I haven't got one) to finish all the gubbins on the airframe.

Problem I've got today is I need to fit an alternator to the 110 (its tipping down with rain) + she wants to go shopping as there is nowt in to eat, so no time again...................  

Off up to Jockland to pick a new mutt up next Saturday as well.  Bit the bullet and gone for it after a long debate with the household CO.  Sadly, I've got a bit to go before I whack some paint on