Belgian Hawker Hurricane

Hi all,

I'm joining the GB with this...

hurri_zps7d1d3139.jpg

h-22_zps1e2dccf6.jpg

Note that this plane does not have the thistle painted on the fuselage.Maybe this was doen at a later time.Or perhaps never !? :confused:

Hawker-Hurricane-MkI-Belgium-2Esc-H22-Be

Edited by Erwin
  • Like 2

Hi Erwin,

It might not initially have had the 'Chardon' or thistle painted on the fuselage, but it certainly did later on if you wanted to use the decal - see Neil (FalkeEins)'s build here, fourth photograph has a very clear picture of H22 as featured in the Battailes Aeriennes magazine with the marking applied.

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

Hi Erwin,

It might not initially have had the 'Chardon' or thistle painted on the fuselage, but it certainly did later on if you wanted to use the decal - see Neil (FalkeEins)'s build here, fourth photograph has a very clear picture of H22 as featured in the Battailes Aeriennes magazine with the marking applied.

Cheers,

Stew

That you for that info.

I can go both ways and still be correct.

Welcome to the GB Erwin. Seems you are one of only a few of us getting to build your option from the boxed decals but glad to see you were able to cover Belgium :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Excellent build can't beat a Hurri! building one at school model making group...this has persuaded me to do the Belgian scheme first!

Great stuff. I want to do one of these myself. I think it's incredible how those roundels make the plane look so different from an RAF example in the same colours.

• Like 1