Gloster Gauntlet

AMStreet

I have dug out my Aeroclub Gauntlet kit only to find that the struts are missing.

Does anyone know of a set of plans that I could use to make some replacements?

Annoyingly the Lumsden and Thetford book "On Silver Wings" misses out plans for the Gauntlet although it has a number of very useful photos of the a/c itself.

Failing plans if anyone knows the dimensions of the struts in 1/72 that would allow me to knock up some.

Thank you.

Would Gladiator struts possibly work ? I seem to recall reading the Glad was essentially a Gauntlet airframe with enclosed pit and Dowty u/c.

I'm not sure. They LOOK very similar, the undercarriage struts are of course, totally different. I'll hold off until I can get the opinion of someone more expert than me on the Gauntlet, having been badly burned when using a set of plans in a scratch-build only to find that the plans were way out. That hurt.

VG33, that photo looks really good, pity it puts my pitiful efforts in the shade. Still now I have something to aim at.

Would Gladiator struts possibly work ? I seem to recall reading the Glad was essentially a Gauntlet airframe with enclosed pit and Dowty u/c.

there are more struts on a Gauntlet than on a gladiator.

compare this with the picture in post 3

http://www.airmuseumsuk.org/airshow/2004/Shut040704/800/pages/010%20Gloster%20Gladiator.htm

Selwyn

Edited by Selwyn

Are you talking 1.72 or 1.48 as I did both. There is virtually no commonality of parts between the Gauntlet and the Gladiator and yes the Gap is different. I might be able to find a set.

John

John, it's a 1/72 one.

If you could let me know what the struts costs I'll try and sort out Paypal.

Failing that if you have the dimensions of the struts + undercarriage that would do as I can soon knock up a set out of Contrail strutting