A BIG Rolls Royce

Very nice! Not sure what you mean by electrical shrink tube, but whatever it is, it works very well!

As I said on another post, there's no such thing as cheating in modelling, just different ways of achieving the same result!

Ian

Very nice! Not sure what you mean by electrical shrink tube, but whatever it is, it works very well!

As I said on another post, there's no such thing as cheating in modelling, just different ways of achieving the same result!

Ian

Thanks Ian.

Shrink tube slides over wire connections and / or terminals and it then heated with a heat gun. The heat causes the special material to contract, shrinking it tightly over the connections - think 'shrink wrap'. This serves as additional insulation to prevent shorting connections.

So, you don't like 'any' of the seats seen in any Pocher Rolls that you have seen!

That must mean mine as well! You can go off of people you know! (Only kidding!!)

I am glad you found a way of 'binding' the carpet, and it look's damn good from where I am sitting. I know what you mean about the seats looking too upright, but they do look pretty accurate to the real thing. All seats in most cars from this period had that horrible upright look, but the coil sprung backs made them surprisingly comfortable, certainly more comfortable than most modern car seats.

I am still here if or when you need advice about the seats.

My very best regards to you and your better half.

Larry.

What an amazing piece of modelling, your attention to detail is incredible.

I really like the way you have given the car a worn but looked after patina.

your idea with the Burl walnut prints and the heat shrink tubing for the carpets are very effective indeed.

I'm looking forward to seeing some more.

Best Regards

Keith.

So, you don't like 'any' of the seats seen in any Pocher Rolls that you have seen!

That must mean mine as well! You can go off of people you know! (Only kidding!!)

I am glad you found a way of 'binding' the carpet, and it look's damn good from where I am sitting. I know what you mean about the seats looking too upright, but they do look pretty accurate to the real thing. All seats in most cars from this period had that horrible upright look, but the coil sprung backs made them surprisingly comfortable, certainly more comfortable than most modern car seats.

I am still here if or when you need advice about the seats.

My very best regards to you and your better half.

Larry.

OH NO!

I've offended the site's Upholstery Master! :chair:

No Larry, my seats could never look as good as yours given a lifetime of trying. I have seen many 1:1 restored P II photos (and Bentley Sedancas) where the owners have had their interiors done to their tastes with many different chair designs; not just strict restorations. I just like the less formal but comfortable look.

When I sense that a stretch of time is available to me, I'll tackle the front chairs and wear out your email. Sincere thanks... :worthy:

What an amazing piece of modelling, your attention to detail is incredible.

I really like the way you have given the car a worn but looked after patina.

your idea with the Burl walnut prints and the heat shrink tubing for the carpets are very effective indeed.

I'm looking forward to seeing some more.

Best Regards

Keith.

Thanks Keith and glad to have you aboard.

OH NO!

I've offended the site's Upholstery Master! :chair:

No Larry, my seats could never look as good as yours given a lifetime of trying. I have seen many 1:1 restored P II photos (and Bentley Sedancas) where the owners have had their interiors done to their tastes with many different chair designs; not just strict restorations. I just like the less formal but comfortable look.

When I sense that a stretch of time is available to me, I'll tackle the front chairs and wear out your email. Sincere thanks... :worthy:

What a brilliant website this is! If you are ever a bit bored, just log on to here. The brilliant, and very funny banter, and mostly the wonderful builds such as this one. I love it.

Just one thing though.........chairs are what you have in your house or mansion, or whatever else you live in!! Cars have 'seats', not chairs. Again, it could be a 'yank' thing with our friends across the pond.

Regards (and laughs!!)

Larry.

Blast! (as you chaps say)...

Once more I've stepped on the toes of Pocher Royalty!

Then I get them quibbling amongst themselves.

I'm sure the Authorities here will yank my plug - electronically speaking. :hanging:

Just one thing though.........chairs are what you have in your house or mansion, or whatever else you live in!! Cars have 'seats', not chairs. Again, it could be a 'yank' thing with our friends across the pond.

Regards (and laughs!!)

Larry.

In my defense Larry; I just remembered that Ferrari Dinos had an option for 'Daytona seats' along with slightly flaired wheel well openings.

A car so equipped was said to have 'chairs and flairs'...so there!

In regards to heat shrink tubing, it comes in different colors. White, black, yellow, red, green and yellow stripe, green and blue. I work in a wiring harness factory so I have access to it. Thanks for the idea.

Taking a breath...

As has been advised by well-meaning followers, I've decided to pause and do a review of where this is going. So I photoed some parts in natural light and this is very close to how they look in person.

I gathered all the main elements of color and grouped them together for a good look. For better or worse, I'm now committed to this combination; fenders, running boards, cowl and hood top in Toreador Red (a deep maroon). Body sides and wheels in Sweet Cream. The cabin in gray leather with wine-colored carpet and red burl. The top is a dark cranberry-type gaberdine fabric. The chassis in German Gray.

I am slightly afraid as I view this as somewhat adventurous but it IS appealing to my eye and seems to work well all together. The textures of the rubber tires, velour-type carpet and glass-smooth paint (that fender is not polished yet), set off by touches of bright nickel on the hood hinge and Landau Bars will give the visual interest I was hoping for.

Feel free to disagree:

460%20Medium_zpsjptexzov.jpg

• Like 1