A day in the Hills of Wales - LFA7

James V

Gents,

Got a pass out of work so my lovely Fiancee, and my mate Simon went over to Wales as it looked like a nice day over there. We drove through some of the worst rain we had seen in a while (so I was told, I was alsepp in the back of the car from Birmingham to Welshpool!); once we got to Wales, the rain stopped and we were greeted with some decent weather all day.

Not the best of shots, but we got some decent traffic through

8208475767_477668a7b5_b.jpg

8209564086_e5eff2db9e_b.jpg

8208473383_594e1e6274_b.jpg

8208471909_2f17f1dc93_b.jpg

8208473087_86cc875f6f_b.jpg

We did have a C-130J through but I have not had time to do those shots yet!

So all in all an 18 hour day, 400 mile round trip and 10 passes by some of the RAF's finest - a good day in my eyes - it is just a shame the 7 - 9 F-15E's did not come down to play.

I have one more days leave to take before the end of the year so I should be back again soon!

• Like 1

Guys

Thanks you for the comments, really please you like then

Coooooooooool! Remind me, where is that in Wales again?

The location is in LFA7 near Cader Idris. If you would like specific co ords, guide where to go, please mail me and I will happily brief you. Be warned, it is not half as busy as what it was even 12 months ago!

Definitely on my to do list

Great pics what kit did you use

I have a Canon 7D and on this day was using a 200mm with a 1.4x teleconvertor on it. The ISO was around 640 - 1600 on each shot and have been heavily processed in lightroom - The light at this year is especially bad so you will need to work on the shots post processing.

No F-15's Lakenheath shut for Thanksgiving. I was going there this week but found out just in time.

The F-15E's were up on Wednesday; Slam, Eagle and Bolar flights were up above our heads for an hour or so but did not come down to visit. I did hear they were due, but it is all in the lap of the gods...

Hi fantastic photos, I have been very quiet on the modelling front for the last 4-5 months..lost my mojo after too many complicated conversions.. and have diverted my energies to preparing for an "achievement holiday" - namely to walk the coast to coast trail from St Bees to Robin Hood's Bay in September next year. In my research of other walkers' blogs, RAF jet passes are quite often mentioned can anyone give me some advice as to where the Low Flying routes are on this particular trail, I have a Canon 300mm zoom that needs a workout on the walk!

cheers

Wal