Blue Coral Porsche GT1

Tamiya 1/24 Porsche with (I think) Studio 27 decal set. I don't often build modern machinery but a friends cousin worked for this team and the decals were available so I went and did it.

I love this livery and I had some excellent photos of the car. There was some minor damage on the front in some of the pics so I tried to replicate this on the model.

Finished this a couple of years ago, it is a bright addition to my display case.

004-7.jpg

004-8.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Steve.

• Like 2

That is very nice Steve, builds with a bit of a personal history behind them are always good. I have a couple, mainly from drivers I have met.

That does look great, and I really like the livery. The finish is, as always, exemplary.

I'm not sure whether I like the look of the GT1 - I'm no great 911 fan, though, so anything that disguises that shape is a good thing as far as I'm concerned! I've also got one in the stash, though it's the Revell version, not the Tamiya -- which I assume is the usual excellent build that one expects from them? I must check out the Studio 27 catalogue, because I suspect the decals in my Revell £5 charity-shop find are not going to work too well...

bestest,

M.

That's different! Makes a nice and nicely executed variation from the usual kit decals - good job!

What blue did you use?

cheers

Rick

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A group of us visited the team down at Aylesbury a few years back. The GT1 looked amazing in the BLUE CORAL livery but the star of the show (for me) was their 935 which to me is `The Racing Porsche` that I'd love to drive. Mental piece of kit.

92017247.Z2XNGNgU.jpg

Built the Tamiya Jagermeister liveried 934 when I was in my late teens.

12040box.jpg

Have been a Porsche enthusiast since the age of about 13.

Now in my 58th year I'm driving my eighth Porsche a 2009 997 GT2.

GT2.jpg

Edited by Sideways Sid
  • Like 1