Macchi 205, 1:32

Hello,

I haven't been around much these past months, but was dealing with trivialities like job, etc.

But I had time to complete that ... "model". Much more a toy actually. After all, the name of the company is 21st Century Toys, ain'it ?

The only advantage I see to these kits is to have a 1:32 for less than 20 euros.

Don't ask me why I've been beginning that kit, espec whane I have the Pacific Coast 205 in the stash !!!

Hereafater a quick list of the kit boo-boo's

Panel lines are so deep and wide that it makes Matchbox standing for Tamiya-like engraving. I tried Surfacer and vigorous (and long) sanding to reduce that, but, if it worked quite well on the wings, the fuselage, well, er ... see the Somme in 1915 ?

Well you get the picture ...

Deatails are, let's say, rustic when provided : it is a toy and you can verify it anytime.

Seams and joints ? well, you see the San Andrea fault ? Well, I got the trusty Tamiya two componet epoxy and reworked all this.

Real fun begin when you realize the the kit provided prop spinner is the one of a Macchi 202 (as is the tail wheel assembly, but this I didn't change - call me lazy) !

A good friend made a resin copy of the Pacific Spinner and that was fixed.

A good point for the kit : the decals - fine, crisply printed, setting down like a breeze on a glossy surface, reacting well to setting solutions - a day at the beach ?

Not quite; the scheme I choosed has one mistake : upper wing fasces are supposed to be white, where the kit provided ones are black.

Oh, well. There's only one Macchi with that whites fasces and guess who choses that scheme, huuum ?

Now, on to the pics, feel free to criticize but don't focus on assembly,as it is a shame;

Stef (#6)

macchi205_fini_01.jpg

macchi205_fini_02.jpg

macchi205_fini_03.jpg

macchi205_fini_04.jpg

macchi205_fini_05.jpg

ad the last piccies

macchi205_fini_10jpg.jpg

macchi205_fini_06.jpg

macchi205_fini_07.jpg

macchi205_fini_08.jpg

macchi205_fini_09.jpg

Looks very good to me.

And for less than 20 Euros not a bad kit concidering the fact that these are 'toys'.

I second that, for a supposed "toy" it looks pretty damn neat #6, well done!!!

Stuart

Hello,

Thanks a lot guys, glad you like the model;

My various remarks about the toyish aspect might sound a bit selfish, but it is because I've been growing bad habits for accuracy building Tamiya, haseg and the lot :evil_laugh:

Indeed, the this kits is bang for value and not much more tricky to build than an average short run.

However, having fought with that kit, my mood was a bit harsh when rehearsing and writing that text.

Again, thanks a lot for the kind words

Stef (#6)

:hmmm:

I wish my " models" looked as good as your "toys"

Exactly! Thats looks very nice and if you hadn't said what kit you used I wouldn't have guessed in a million years !

Cheers

Stu

Looks really good Stef... I can see what you mean about the panel lines though, although it's only really noticeable when you look closely. :goodjob:

What a belter, :goodjob:

I have a couple of these in the stash & I agree with your comments Stef. However the kit represents excelent value for money & if nothing else is a good canvas to practice those tricky Italian camouflage schemes on. Which, BTW is why I got mine.

An excelent model of one of my favorite aircraft.