Trumpeter 1/72 Hawker Sea Fury WIP

mahross

Just started the Trumpeter Hawker Sea Fury. Got a few bits for it including replacemtn undercarriage and propellers from Aeroclub. There are two alternatives for the cockpit, which is too shallow. Firstly, use the tub and detail with the Eduard set or, secondly, use the replacement Pavla set. I went for the former because I bought it before the Pavla set was released. This means living with the shallow cockpit. Next time I do it I will replace it with the Pavla set. Here is the start of the cockpit.

6Dec2008050.jpg

6Dec2008047_edited.jpg

6Dec2008051_edited.jpg

Ross

• 2 months later...

Mmmmmm.... well tasty!

Here is everything sealed up. You can't really see much once this is doen, which is a shame. The phtotos do show up some of the fit 'issues' with the kit. Nothing that a bit of filler won't solve but it is there none the less.

22Feb2009001.jpg

22Feb2009003.jpg

22Feb2009005.jpg

22Feb2009004.jpg

Ross

• 5 months later...

Been a while since I posted on this. Picked it up again yesterday. Put most of the peripherals on. You can see the white metal undercarriage from Aeroclub. I have also included a pic of the propellers from Aeroclub too. The undercarriage is nicely detailed. Some minor gaps here and there but easily filled you Mr Hobby Dissolved Putty.

HPIM6021.jpg

HPIM6022.jpg

HPIM6023.jpg

HPIM6024.jpg

HPIM6025.jpg

HPIM6026.jpg

HPIM6027.jpg

HPIM6029.jpg

Just need to finish tidying it up and then it is time for paint. It is going to be finished in Dutch markiings.

Ross

You may need to add the small bulges on the maingear doors. Oh, and the kit tanks are the larger 90 gal. tanks that were very rarely carried - I've yet to see a photo of them. The tanks in the the Academy or Heller Tempest are bang on.

Apart from that, it looks fab

• 1 month later...

Ta Wooksta. Useful to know for future builds.

Here is is with painting started. I have applied the underside. Shaded a couple of panels. Tonight the EDSG will go on.

hpim6105.jpg

Ross

Ta. The wing fold was a bugger. Lots of sanding and filling. The kit was obviously engineered for the fold. A bit more thought from Trumpeter would have made it less hassle.

Ross

Edited by mahross