1/48 RAF pilot/groundcrew in desert or tropical uniform.

Tango 1

Hi Everyone!

I have been looking for some RAF pilot or crew figures in tropical/desert kit for some of my future builds. Relish models has them listed but they are not in stock...........The makert is DMM, those figures are no longer listed in their catalogue.

I did know of a French web site that sold 1/48 figures, but cannot find it now. They had some cracking figures for sale, should have bought them when I had the chance!

If any of you know where I can get some desert uniform figures in 1/48, please let me know.

Cheers!

Hi Everyone!

I have been looking for some RAF pilot or crew figures in tropical/desert kit for some of my future builds. Relish models has them listed but they are not in stock...........The makert is DMM, those figures are no longer listed in their catalogue.

I did know of a French web site that sold 1/48 figures, but cannot find it now. They had some cracking figures for sale, should have bought them when I had the chance!

If any of you know where I can get some desert uniform figures in 1/48, please let me know.

Cheers!

the French site is probably Quarter-Kit

http://www.phpshopxml.com/quakit.shop

a cheap alternative, Tamiya's Buffalo has a couple of figures, one seated, and this one [by cheap I mean this chap is in a lot of spares boxes.

01.jpg

Tamiya's Afrika Korps set might have some modifiable figures too,

top.jpg

EDIT - Also, Parabellum, based in Birmingham, has the 'world's worst website' according to the owner,

http://www.parabellum.co.uk/

Note, they tend to stock a lot of what you will find listed at Quarter Kit, and the French are big on 1/48th Armour, so they are pretty much THE place for that, but then you have postage...which is not too bad for a big order, but small order are pricey.

So, IF Parabellum have it, it will be easier Does mean ploughing through the Quarter kit site, and then seeing if Parabellum have it.

ranges too look through at Parabellum for figures.

Dartmoor, Hecker and Goros, Gasoline [part of Quarter Kit I think]

I've been looking for the same thing but with no success. I bought the Tamiya Afrika Korps set with the intention of doing exactly what Troy mentioned but I've been disappointed with the quality of the moulding.

Max

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to help me out! I really appreciate it! I'm off now to check those links out and see what I can find. Thanks again everyone!

This is exactly what I was looking for! BRILLIANT!!! :yahoo:

I will also look at the Afrika Korps figures too as I wouldn't mind having a go at a coverversion with a couple of them.

Thanks!!