Tips on brush painting wheels?

Stormed

That is, until they meet each other. :boxing::fight:

I'm not too worried, I can run faster :P

On the subject of aircraft tyres my genre is generally more modern stuff, and every tyre I've ever done has been done with Lifecolor matt black and a decent quality brush, and I've always been satisfied that the result looks like a rubber tyre, but I'm wierd like that ;)

til I stumbled across the Vallejo Dark and Light Rubbers at ABC Models whilst chatting with Mr Brickles :)

I hadnt realised Paul had installed a prophylactic machine in his model shop? - presumably they are for masking gun barrels? :whistle:

Jonners, wondering if something for the weekend has a new meaning when visting Crewe's finest model shop....

Jonners, wondering if something for the weekend has a new meaning when visting Crewe's finest model shop....

Certainly does... it's usually plastic and comes in large rattly boxes though ^_^

One trick I've found works is to paint your wells in a black or black grey with a tiny hint of green or red added. Then paint your prop blades ( assuming its a fan driven job) in a slighlty different tone of black or black grey, or radome / anti clare area (if its rocket ship).

Just making the blacks slightly different will add a subtle touch of interest to you model. Also choose your 'sheen' carefully too - tyres can have a slight sheen to them - so if you matt varnish everything - rub a finger over the tyres after its dried to add a hint of shine.

HTH

Jonners