rasberry ripple jaguar at cranwell?

Mark M

ive just drove past cranwell and seen a resberry ripple Jag IN the fire training area at cranwell, can anyone tell me when it arrived and please, please tell be they arnt going to set it alight!!

Mark,

I think they have 2 or 3 Raspberry Ripple ones at Cranwell, not sure of the fate of the T2/4 outside though.

i only got a quick glimpse as i was driving but she was deffinatley in the fire training area. i thought they only had the black ground handling birds there, but it will be a sad day if she dies

I think its been there since the backend of last year along with the Domine in the fire dump, looks as though its had some parts robbed off it though as quite a bit of chromate showing when I've been past there.

gents

it will not be burned!!!!!!!!

i am an ex RAF fireman, for H&S reasons etc etc blah ...real air frames are no longer allowed to be ignited for training purposes...

the fire cres have fuel powered burning rigs for this now, it might be used however for deployment, aircrew rescue and other excercises,

but should not be burned!!!!!

thanks chapps, its nice to know its not being burned, but an instructiuional airframe i doupt it in the state its in, im going back that way in a coulple of weeks ill try and get some photos