Some commission builds WIP

Guest snipersmudge

Guest snipersmudge

Been bashing away at this lot lately. All destined for commission and all in various states of finish this is another build on a tight deadline but it's paying for a holiday so I am not complaining

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0016.jpg

cheers

Pete

Edited by snipersmudge

Guest snipersmudge

cheers guys glad you like em, Andy I cannot remember who made the resin supply's as I have had them in the spares box for years. The chipping was done with my prefered method of marmite.

Pete

DSCF0014.jpg

Now this is the sort of effect I wanted to get on my Churchill, although this example is a bit extreme for my liking*. How did you do it? Is it salted?

*and, boy! hasn't that attitude got me into trouble on Polkenti's BF109f thread! :(

cheers guys glad you like em, Andy I cannot remember who made the resin supply's as I have had them in the spares box for years. The chipping was done with my prefered method of marmite.

Pete

What on earth is the "marmite" method??? :huh:

What on earth is the "marmite" method??? :huh:

Dabbing marmite on with a sponge, spraying the paint over it and then washing the marmite off with warm water. I tried it, no way jose, I'll stick to rubber. That stuff (marmite) is an absolute nightmare to work with, one would need the patience of a saint.

Dabbing marmite on with a sponge, spraying the paint over it and then washing the marmite off with warm water. I tried it, no way jose, I'll stick to rubber. That stuff (marmite) is an absolute nightmare to work with, one would need the patience of a saint.

I use the technique quite a lot, but I too have problems with it. Mostly because I tend to eat as much Marmite as I apply! :analintruder:

I've found that the marmite method is excellent for producing a faded patina effect. Spray a slightly lightened coat of the final colour. Apply the marmite. Then overspray with the correct colour. Wash off the marmite. Try it!

Marvellous - very ingenous use of the the breakfast spread! Pity I did not know this method before I started painting my MkIV Female tank in the GB.

• 2 months later...
Guest snipersmudge

Got some more commission work this week, Thought I would post here rather than start a new thread. Both kits are dragon 1/35th built form the box with no additions. here they are at the moment,

gun5.jpg

kubel1.jpg

Both will be off to China once finished

Pete

Edited by snipersmudge

• 2 weeks later...
Guest snipersmudge

two done and then another rush job for you, the ambulance kubelwagen is tamiya with the stretcher coming from the commissioners attempt at the dragon kit.

take6.jpg

take5.jpg

DSCF0031.jpg

DSCF0030.jpg

000333.jpg

000222.jpg

000444.jpg

Guest snipersmudge
Lovely builds there Pete, hope you're getting paid well for them, you should be. :speak_cool:

Oh yes indeed! as the ambulance kubel and the desert one required some scratch building the price will be considerably higher!

Guest snipersmudge

Cheers guys, just finished the ambulance yesterday so will post some pics in ready for inspection

Pete