Trumpeter 1/32 F-100D Super Sabre

Greg B

Pics will follow tomorrow when I can safely pick it up. All I'll say for now is it looks the part :winkgrin:

Ow do Greg, typical I manage to blag free net access at Goonhilly in Cornwall and you aint put ya photys up yet :tease: Come on get em up :lol: Oh when I get home I'll let you know about my varnish experiment, cheaper & more in the bottle that the humbrol cotes we both use :thumbsup2:

Bexy

Ow do Greg, typical I manage to blag free net access at Goonhilly in Cornwall and you aint put ya photys up yet :tease: Come on get em up :lol: Oh when I get home I'll let you know about my varnish experiment, cheaper & more in the bottle that the humbrol cotes we both use :thumbsup2:

Bexy

Will be another day as I'm getting a new camera from Phreak tomorrow :thumbsup:

I must admit, I've tried lots of different flat varnishes and I'm afraid that nothing beats the Humbrol Flat Cote, I thin it about 10 parts thinners to 1 part flat cote with Xtracolour thinners and it goes on perfectly, a really thin and flat finish. Xtracrlix and Vallejo flats tend to have a slight satin sheen. :weep:

Will be another day as I'm getting a new camera from Phreak tomorrow :thumbsup:

I must admit, I've tried lots of different flat varnishes and I'm afraid that nothing beats the Humbrol Flat Cote, I thin it about 10 parts thinners to 1 part flat cote with Xtracolour thinners and it goes on perfectly, a really thin and flat finish. Xtracrlix and Vallejo flats tend to have a slight satin sheen. :weep:

For the flattest flat of all try Testors Dullcote, I swear by the stuff.

Flat coated, ordnance added and RBF tags. I've just got to do a little touch up on some areas with the flat coat, then its put the tail planes on and its done.

F-100_005.jpg

F-100_009.jpg

F-100_010.jpg

F-100_012.jpg

F-100_014.jpg

f-100_001.jpg

f-100_004.jpg

well done Greg old bean!! Love the Razorback markings and the finish just looks the nuts!!

Wonder when mister orane on a toothpick head will be hopping along to see this one :analintruder:

Who?

Well that would be the bossman here of course!! You know....Mighty Melon Mike!! :analintruder:

Ahh, space hopper heid!

Thanks for the compliments Gents, nearly there now!

Greg

I am really looking forward to seeing the bare metal areas now that you have the flat coat on the fuse. I can imagine they will look quite nice!!

Just a superb build mate.....and im not just saying that because we are the Global Moderating Team!! LOL

Greg

I am really looking forward to seeing the bare metal areas now that you have the flat coat on the fuse. I can imagine they will look quite nice!!

Just a superb build mate.....and im not just saying that because we are the Global Moderating Team!! LOL

Stoppit! After seeing some of the builds on here over time I'm mostly playing catchup or trying desperately to work out how other people have done the sme thing.

The kit has been good, only thing I wish I had done was metal tube and pinned the Tanks as it isnt as neat as I would have liked. But thats the engineer in me creeping out!

Its not Tamiya, its not Hasegawa, but its pretty damn close and after a primer coat and the top coats the rivets have toned down really well. I'm looking forward to seeing Trumpeters Harriers and Crusader as they are catching the big 2!

I wish I had that sort of talent!

The only difference between me and you is you use a paintbrush. When you get an airbrush Daz, the difference will suprise you!

Yes it is really nice, as it should be considering all the time that's gone into it :sleeping:

it was worth the wait!

Now get it on the RFI thread and sharpish Mr B!

PS what happened to those hellfire pics you were gonna post for my helichopper thingy?! :whip:

Greg,

No "If's" no "Buts", shes bloody gorgeous my friend, thats a real superb job there :thumbsup2: Nearly at the finish line now :worthy:

Bexy