I guess the majority of you are asking what the hell is a Chimanimani ?

Well, it's could be any of the following :

• A mountain range in Eastern Zimbabwe
  • Air Zimbabwe's Boeing 767-200ER Z-WPF (actually named after the above)
    or
  • The name of His Excellency, the Right Honourable Bobby Mugabe's flying limousine (actually the same as the above)

Now you know what a Chimanimani is, a little about the model.

Based on the 1/144 Revell Boeing 767-300, I had to take a couple of sections out of the fuselage (either side of the wings and remove the tail bumper to convert it into a 767-200. Then added a dash of careful masking and finished it off with a set of lovely Two-Six decals and Bob's your uncle (heaven forbid)

Presto - My own Chimanimani

Time for the walk-around...........

KvE7Lih.jpg6h0sc9f.jpg

BcdXRUJ.jpgO81MjRs.jpg

Thanks for looking

mike

...aH SWEET memories....Chimanimani {was partly names Melsetter ,in the years ?????} and is the mountainous area in E,Zimbabwe in the province of Manicaland....and the village is called thus...

anyway,,mitchem,

your 767-300 is a sweet little model...

VERY NICE AND :speak_cool:

HOUSTON... :cowboy::heart:

Whatt a lovely model - looks great. Hadn't thought of Chimanimani for years - I was there as a backpacker 20 years ago. I seem to remember it had a most impressive and beautiful botanical gardens there.

Didn't the Banks reposess Air Zim's decent aircraft a few years ago? Or did E Ba Gum pay for this one out of his own cash stash? :tapedshut: Lovely build, welldone!

Mike

I Know, I know!!! :elephant: But wilol leave it to you to elucidate the forum ...

lol.....okay....

A shongolola is a large centipede-like creature with lots of legs....if you pick one up it will deposit an unmentionable on your hand.

This unmentionable will leave a stain that will not be removed by anything short of a skin graft.

A while ago a pilot in Africa had the task of flying senior company executives and tourists....

His routine never changed - his alarm would go off early, he would get up, have breakfast, put on his uniform and then...use the bathroom to perform his first movement....

after this he would go to the airfield, check his aircraft, pick up his passengers and depart. He was NEVER late.

This routine never changed.

Until one day, his alarm didnt go off.

In a blind panic he rushed into his uniform and sped to the airport....the ground crew gave a knowing smile...they knew he was late as his routine never changed. He was however in time - just - to pick up his passengers and depart as scheduled.

The cruising hieght was not great and gave a good view of the land below and as the aircraft settled into cruise, our pilot suddenly realised he hadnt had time to perform his first movement...and it wanted to move. NOW.

He shut and locked the cockpit door, grabbed a sick bag and duly performed, thanking somebody that he always had a box of kleenex in the cockpit.

Then he opened the cockpit side window and threw the sick bag out, satisfied that all was well.

Upon landing, the passengers used the cabin door as our pilot shut down the aircraft before hopping out the cockpit door.

He then saw the passengers staring curiously at the large, long stain along the side of the aircraft. They all looked at him wonderingly.

"Watch out for those shongololas," he said. "They can get up to 2,000 feet."

:)

Edited by kev1n