a little late....but better than never

giuseppe

hello everyone, I'me in since 2019 but I see I never introduced myself (if I'm not wrong).

I'm Giuseppe from italy, Verona. I'm 54 and I started modelling at 7 with the 70's Matchbox like (in order...I remember quite well): hawker tempest, Me 262, Jaguar, Hunter, Bucaneer, Harrier, a biplane?, A7 corsair II, Viggen airfix, F4 UK, ....etc etc. I still have some of those, disassembled, rebuilt and repainted! Then I improved my skills and passed over to 1/48 (Esci A10, Esci F16, Italeri F4E, F4G brand??, Airfix Mosquito, 2 fantastic Monogram F14 and F111....). I took a break at 20 (university and other more important....) and, eventually, I came back 6 years  ago, practicing with airbrushing, new technics, PE, afters.....Now I'm quite aligned making all 48 stuff, approaching 32 for IIWW planes and jet fighters not too massive and progressively moving to Tamiya only. I have to say that I do love this community, really polite and supportive, conversely to some italian awful ones bossed around by little roman dictators. I belong to the AMS association (associazione modellismo storico) in Verona where we organize every year local contests and exhibitions and every 2 year a huge one in Verona (this May), just in face of the famous old roman Arena. I've always received appreciated replies to my few posts and this is a good thing and moreover, always kind people, unrestrained at congratulating with models made by others. Thanks to all of you!

Ah...now I'm finishing a 1/32 F104G, early 60s, italian AMI with the very first livery all NM with white upper wings and an old P38 hasegawa with amazing decals (virginia marie) although actually self-destroying once in the water...but eventually I got them! I'd like to post some image but it looks like it's not possible...

Cheerio.

Edited by giuseppe
grammar errors
  • Like 4

Hi Giuseppe.

It is possible to post pictures here, but you have use a picture hosting website. I use "Postimages", there are others. Once you have joined the website, you can upload your pictures to the hosting website and post it here. This a casting I made a year or so ago for a model engine. The casting looks OK, but was a failure. Other hosting websites may have a different way of doing things.

spacer.png

Good luck, Lee

• Thanks 1