Flt. Lt. John Waddy 92 Squadron Spitfire Mk.Vb

Hello everybody … I am finishing builds that were started in 2022 before my health took a turn for the worse. I am presenting three spitfire’s today. The second will be the Mk.Vb flown by F/Ltn. John Waddy 92 Squadron November 1942. 

58xwLJI.jpg

ckcMXIU.jpg

mj0Fg5g.jpg

FPUGz8N.jpg

4a56KuZ.jpg

uYtqHSq.jpg

pvX2Xj4.jpg

9ehaRBY.jpg

z8TSmer.jpg

GJ7ACNb.jpg

Please feel free to post comments or ask questions. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Hi Dennis,

the Mk. Vb is my favorite Spitfire, so I homed in straight into your post.

I am not disappointed: you built a lovely model, and desert camo always gives a special cachet.

Which kit did you use for this build?

The silvering of some of your decals is a shame, but it happens to everybody one day or the other. Were they the kit's decals? Did you use gloss varnish before decalling?

Whatever, I love the finished model.

Super well done!

JR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very nice companion to your D-Day build Spitfire and it is in a tropical scheme which is a further bonus.  Spitfires and tropical scheme camo is just a great combination.  Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jean said:

Hi Dennis,

the Mk. Vb is my favorite Spitfire, so I homed in straight into your post.

I am not disappointed: you built a lovely model, and desert camo always gives a special cachet.

Which kit did you use for this build?

The silvering of some of your decals is a shame, but it happens to everybody one day or the other. Were they the kit's decals? Did you use gloss varnish before decalling?

Whatever, I love the finished model.

Super well done!

JR

Hello JR both this and the USN Mk.Vb are AZ kits. The Malta Vc is an Airfix kit. The decals were a gift from the manufacturer in Australia. He is a member but I sadly cant remember who as it’s been so long. Yes I used a clear coat both before and after the decals. I believe the glue was older and failed which caused the silvering. 

6 hours ago, Keeff said:

Yet another fantastic build! 👏 

Keith 😁 

3 hours ago, georgeusa said:

Very nice companion to your D-Day build Spitfire and it is in a tropical scheme which is a further bonus.  Spitfires and tropical scheme camo is just a great combination.  Thanks for sharing.

Thank You all kind sirs. 

• Corsairfoxfouruncle changed the title to Flt. Lt. John Waddy 92 Squadron Spitfire Mk.Vb