Triumph 3 HW (Italeri 1:9)

wimbledon99

OK, given that there's an extension on this GB, I'm hoping to get another over the line 🤞

I started the build the day before the notification so as the sprues had already been attacked, I've taken a photo of them from the instructions. As a side note, I think this is the first kit I've built where there are no part numbers on the sprues themselves!

53314090569_796c772d67_k.jpg

53319065477_ee7eb08fb2_k.jpg

Cheers

Nigel

• Like 2

In amongst all the Bunfight shenanigans, I've complete steps 1 - 7, but may now go off piste for the remainder of the build!!:

53322113356_9ba782a586_k.jpg

53334993899_7939e65782_k.jpg

53334651846_dd8a729f18_k.jpg

This was more fiddly than I expected. The parts fit isn't brilliant so a small amount of cutting and wrestling was required.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

All OK with the Triumph??

Hope so....I like these bike kits. 

I think I'm right in thinking these 1.9 scale bikes are originally Protar kits,  and Italieri now have the tooling.

So that would explain the absence of part numbers on the sprues. At least you have them numbered on the diagram, that's a major development from Italieri. 

Looking like a very presentable Triumph civilian machine could be made from this box of fun 😀 

• Like 1

Yep, All good. Progressing nicely. Just not had as much time as I’d like as my Dad’s unwell and I’ve spent a lot of time back and forth to help out. I’ll try to get an update posted on the weekend.

This was meant to be a bit of light therapy after knuckling down to complete my Titanic.  However, it might end up sending me to therapy!! 🤣 Not the best kit in the world 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

OK, sorry about your Dad's situation, best wishes on that 👍

These toolings are quite Vintage in origin but there was a great range available at one time, of subjects that are unique in modelling. 

I took an interest when I got 2 Protar kits at a reasonable price. I've done the Gilera 500. Now that one had a rubber band supplied for the final drive chain

Can't see what you have got for the Triumph there, maybe the hoop on the "rubbery sprue??"

So you might end up with a bit of scratch work 😇. But results are very rewarding especially in this size. 

Best of luck, with your Dad and the bike 

• Like 2

On 12/1/2023 at 8:13 AM, galgos said:

Sorry your Dad’s not too good Nigel, worrying times and your priority is of course absolutely right. Post an update when convenient…..still plenty of time! 

Thank Max - Appreciated.

I've managed to get some done between visits and I'm hoping it will be complete in time!

53377038393_4272da7303_k.jpg

53376859526_36928ad95b_k.jpg

53376878551_d8657193ab_k.jpg

• Like 3

The bike looks phenomenal Nigel, absolutely 100% authentic. Think I may have to investigate this area of the modelling market, especially since until recently I’ve been a motorcyclist all of my life! Well done….brilliant! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, galgos said:

The bike looks phenomenal Nigel, absolutely 100% authentic. Think I may have to investigate this area of the modelling market, especially since until recently I’ve been a motorcyclist all of my life! Well done….brilliant! 

That’s kind of you. Thank you. I’ve the panniers to tackle and not sure how the ‘rubber’ will act. Could get interesting 🧐 

• Like 1

On 06/12/2023 at 16:01, galgos said:

I like how the assembly is just like building a real bike in the way that it comes together. Not that I've ever built a bike, of course!

Looks ready to ride. Lovely.

• Like 3

On 12/9/2023 at 4:16 PM, Ned said:

I like how the assembly is just like building a real bike in the way that it comes together. Not that I've ever built a bike, of course!

Looks ready to ride. Lovely.

Thanks Ned. For some reason I had it in my head that it had to be ready for the 19th!! I'd best get a jog on here now as I was obviously mistaken :frantic:

• Sad 1

I decided to crack on with this early this morning (just in case this afternoon doesn't go to plan) and she's now ready for the galley :happy:

That's to @trickyrich for the opportunity to build this one, and thanks to those who came along for the ride; your comments are appreciated.

As he's a big Triumph fan, I've promised it to my brother-in-law. My sister's not too happy about it going on a shelf in her living room, but hey, what are big brother's for :wink:

First picture for scale against my 1:12 Kawasaki CHiPs build. Hope you like it!

Cheers

Nigel

53403081431_f0b0282365_k.jpg

53403273173_136e76e0f7_k.jpg

53403273133_3c1fdc407a_k.jpg

53402156447_08d23fad7c_k.jpg

53403516555_3e0c9d7fce_k.jpg

53403406464_623835eb67_k.jpg

• Like 3