Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX E. Pilot FL R.J. Audet 1945. Kit Eduard 1/72. DK decals

A great looking build. I really like the idea of including information about the pilot when it is known. It ties these aircraft, that we love so much, to human stories. Particularly poignant this weekend.

I wanted to build a Spitfire to give to my father, to commemorate his eldest brother who was killed flying one in 1945, but this was before the squadron records were digitised and I could only identify two airframes that my uncle flew. One was the MkIX of his last flight and the other was a MkV from earlier in the war, when he caused a ground accident in which another pilot died. Neither seemed appropriate subjects and now it's too late.

Lest we forget.

Edited by MOK61
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MOK61 said:

A great looking build. I really like the idea of including information about the pilot when it is known. It ties these aircraft, that we love so much, to human stories. Particularly poignant this weekend.

I wanted to build a Spitfire to give to my father, to commemorate his eldest brother who was killed flying one in 1945, but this was before the squadron records were digitised and I could only identify two airframes that my uncle flew. One was the MkIX of his last flight and the other was a MkV from earlier in the war, when he caused a ground accident in which another pilot died. Neither seemed appropriate subjects and now it's too late.

Lest we forget.

Thank you very much and respect.

Alain

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

I bet you could build Spitfires in your sleep! 😁

Well done Alain, as usual.

Thank you mate. Yes, of course, no instruction needeed

Alain

7 hours ago, 112 Squadron said:

Beautiful model and a great tribute to a brave Canadian pilot who sadly did not survive WW2:

https://acesofww2.com/can/aces/audet/

Thank you very much mate, and again, thank you for the historical info about the pilot.

Alain