TA-50 Golden Eagle...what type are the underwing pylons

Mick Drover

Hi all.

I've linked this photo from another site, happy to remove it if needed.

70652405_2382204798529143_25870326240022

Can anyone identify the type of wing pylons that carry the wing tanks? I have the kit, but provision of a single centreline fuel tanks is all that's provided. The wing pylons look familiar, but I can't pick what other types carry them that I could raid from my stash. They look F-16ish.

Any hints and tips are appreciated.

Thanks,

Mick

1 hour ago, RAGATIGER said:

Well the fuel tanks looks that coming from old Northrop F-5AB Freedom Fighters

They are also very similar to the wing fuel tanks that the A-37s had.  I compared a similar photo to what my Academy OA-37 has on it and they looked to be the same, but the tail fins will need a little bit of work (the OA-37 tank's tail fins are swept back both front and rear).

Later,

Dave

4 hours ago, Mick Drover said:

Hi all.

I've linked this photo from another site, happy to remove it if needed.

70652405_2382204798529143_25870326240022

Can anyone identify the type of wing pylons that carry the wing tanks? I have the kit, but provision of a single centreline fuel tanks is all that's provided. The wing pylons look familiar, but I can't pick what other types carry them that I could raid from my stash. They look F-16ish.

Any hints and tips are appreciated.

Thanks,

Mick

Pylons are normally designed for a specific aircraft type . Although they may have a similar shape to other aircraft types they will not be the same. so these are T50 golden eagle pylons!

Selwyn

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. Well, it turns out that Wolfpack are releasing the FA version of the kit with resin items. And of course, some of those are the pylons and other goodies.

DOH....

Anyone wanna swap kits?

Cheers,

Mick

The pylons are very similar to the mid-wing pylon of the early F-16A/B's but somewhat larger. 
WolfPak is providing these in their release of the FA-50, and you can see them here on the parts layout; 
FA-50 Golden Eagle, Wolfpack WP14820 (2023) (scalemates.com)

and here is the instructions of the same kit, showing better how they look and where to fit them; 

Wolfpack 1/48 FA-50 Golden Eagle, Instruction Manual (scalemates.com)

I've been chasing WolfPack Design for some time trying to find out if they will release the pylons as separate release for us who already have the Academy kit, but no luck so far. I haven't seen the wing pylons used on the T-50 which the Academy kit actually is, so a separate release of the pylons would potentially require a separate release of the FA-50 tailfin aswell. Guess its their business model for now to want to sell FA-50 kits ;)

• Like 1

On 9/1/2023 at 6:02 PM, Boman said:

The pylons are very similar to the mid-wing pylon of the early F-16A/B's but somewhat larger. 
WolfPak is providing these in their release of the FA-50, and you can see them here on the parts layout; 
FA-50 Golden Eagle, Wolfpack WP14820 (2023) (scalemates.com)

and here is the instructions of the same kit, showing better how they look and where to fit them; 

Wolfpack 1/48 FA-50 Golden Eagle, Instruction Manual (scalemates.com)

I've been chasing WolfPack Design for some time trying to find out if they will release the pylons as separate release for us who already have the Academy kit, but no luck so far. I haven't seen the wing pylons used on the T-50 which the Academy kit actually is, so a separate release of the pylons would potentially require a separate release of the FA-50 tailfin aswell. Guess its their business model for now to want to sell FA-50 kits ;)

Thanks Boman. I found the same information regarding the FA-50. That version has just been announced so hopefully not to far away from being a release to production kit. BNA Models here in Australia have had the recent versions of the kit by Wolfpack. Fingers crosse it will find its way into their inventory...and I will get one!

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1