OV1A Mohawk

After completing the Viggen and its complicated paint scheme I was looking for the next build but something less involved paint wise and came across a video review of the Clear Prop OV1A Mohawk. Not an aircraft I'd come across before so had a quick look at the history and was suitably intrigued so ordered the kit from Hannants. First look is good the parts are flash free, 2 photo etch frets and 5 marking options. Onto the sprue shots.

4P6L4RVj_o.jpg

Well packed 2 part box.

Zmu6avGE_o.jpg

yMkt7F5f_o.jpg

jdbLd3u8_o.jpg

7pGXQJkD_o.jpg

sNYIeLhm_o.jpg

etfSaqI5_o.jpg

y0afg65l_o.jpg

Option for wheels up or down with 2 lower fuselage panel provided

pGpwD4mE_o.jpg

jnD4UyZs_o.jpg

Clear parts look very nice. Masking will be interesting

hrlMvQfR_o.jpg

Instructions are well laid out, there 27 photo etch parts for each seat in the first four build steps!

8RsmwpBO_o.jpg

Five marking options, all from Vietnam theatre but looking at the wings I think the later OV1C/D model will be available at some point.

C4WxbMav_o.jpg

QatbBUp1_o.jpg

d4osKt0L_o.jpg

dEVYYl94_o.jpg

RdXjAwnj_o.jpg

VErnHKBl_o.jpg

Yfablqpo_o.jpg

Just got a few things the finish on the Blenhiem and then I'll get started on this.

• Like 4

Hello

I have completed this kit at the beginning of the year. I can just say it is a very interesting subject and everything is well conceived. But it is time consuming due to the sheer number of pieces.

Enjoy.

Patrick

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235122416-172-clear-prop-models-grumman-jov-1a-mohawk/

• Like 1