A Greek eye in the sky.

stevej60

Hi folk's,my build for this GB will be a Greek AF Recce Phantom.Luke has three kits in his stash and offered one as I grabbed a Trumpeter AMX Trainer for a snip

in Creative's sale at a mere £12.50 posted however it only has Brazillian markings and there is nothing out there for Italian twin seaters except what's in Kinetics

kit if I can get some it may be a second build.Anyway back to the Phantom rather than take a new kit I decided to take the one he started which only has the fuselage

joined and a bit of interior paintwork.Being new to this modelling lark I think he was a bit disappointed in the intake fit and the poor fuselage to wing fit on dry runs

however I'm well aware of this issue and know how to fix it.These Greek machines were in the familiar SE Asia scheme and weathered heavily so that was the attraction.

Post some photo's soon but I really must get the mass of weaponry done for my Warthog build for the Japanese GB not touched it for weeks.,oh and I'll make sure he's

shown the fitting fixes as he's planning Iranian and Israeli builds of this kit for future GB's.

• Like 8

Morning folk's,heres the boxing of the kit.

20230611_194530

And the work done,I managed to remove the outer intakes to get a better fit,the interior will get a lighter gray spray when the cockpits started as this one only carries fuel tank's

there wont be a mass of weapons to paint and fit like most Phantoms.

20230611_194610

• Like 9

Hi folk's,ooh this is not a user friendly kit now is it? She's fought all the way I've added spacers to close the wing joint,sanded,scraped,swore then repeated to get to this stage

but love the Phantom so much I was not going to give in!

20230617_184105

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

She might be putting up a fight Steve but you seem to have the upper hand, and she looks very Phantom like already.

🇺🇦

Getting there Craig,hope to have her under primer tomorrow,quite a bit other stuff painted like the U/C,wheels and burner cans etc.

• Like 1

On 19/06/2023 at 09:25, 81-er said:

It's definitely been worth the fight, Steve

James

Sadly no progress James,its nice to have a loft room for modelling but too hot in summer and too cold in Winter even the paint is going off with the heat!

I totally understand that one. Was modelling and sleeping in a loft room last summer. That was very unpleasant

James

• Like 1