1/48 - Fairey Battle Mk.I by Trumpeter - sprues - release in 2024-2025

Homebee

On 1/17/2024 at 5:57 AM, Phoenix44 said:

They don't scour eBay for Monogram Kingfishers. There's lots of those about because they didn't get made and people sell them. That's why there's no new version.  

Exactly. And hobby store shelves, model shows, eBay, and FB trade groups will now be full of potentially flawed Trumpeter offerings. What new manufacturer will want to release a new kit of that subject, especially a non-mainstream subject like a Fulmar or a Battle, knowing that they have to compete against all that Trumpeter inventory that's out there, and the new inventory they can produce at will. Especially since it generally costs more to create a new, accurate and well detailed kit so they will be at a price disadvantage for those buyers who as you say "don't care about accuracy" and would buy whichever kit looks like the subject but costs less. Ask yourself why, with all the flaws Classic Airframes kits exhibited, it took 20 years before other manufacturers began to release those same subjects.

Edited by bjohns5
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

The canopy doesn't look too bad. Seen at Model World Live at the NEC 

https://postimg.cc/qzXTM1Jz

Do we yet have a thread for a new Trumpeter 1/48 Barracuda? Or shall I start one with pictures?

Link please if so.

Edited by New Tool
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, New Tool said:

Do we yet have a thread for a new Trumpeter 1/48 Barracuda? Or shall I start one with pictures?

Link please if so.

Trumpeter Barracuda ?

Or Special Hobby.

There's a Trumpeter Fulmar, a Albacore but, to my knowledge, not a Barracuda.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

10 minutes ago, Homebee said:

Trumpeter Barracuda ?

Or Special Hobby.

There's a Trumpeter Fulmar, a Albacore but not a Barracuda.

V.P.

This one sir. Excuse me if I make a mistake, it's been a long day.

https://postimg.cc/HchNBPws

• Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Fairey Battle Mk.I by Trumpeter - sprues - release in 2024-2025

The Facebook link Battle photos are a little clearer, but it looks as if they’ve got the underwing ‘flush’ bomb bay doors right. The whole airframe shows typical TrumpyBoss rivets which is kinda expected from these manufacturers these days. It would be good to see a built up version, so this looks rather promising at this early stage. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 3

More photos that I took at Model World Live.

First re-posting the one from above showing the curved canopy section. A different part of it does look more angular, but this part (to the right) is quite curved.

The clear parts are cloudy, and look scratched. So likely they are just test shots.

20240427-123748.jpg

20240427-124123.jpg

20240427-124131.jpg

20240427-124217.jpg

20240427-124228.jpg

20240427-120318.jpg

20240427-120330.jpg

20240427-120618.jpg

20240427-123731.jpg

20240427-123727.jpg

20240427-123711.jpg

20240427-123722.jpg

20240427-123824.jpg

Edited by New Tool
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6

On 4/28/2024 at 4:37 AM, New Tool said:

More photos that I took at Model World Live.

First re-posting the one from above showing the curved canopy section. A different part of it does look more angular, but this part (to the right) is quite curved.

The clear parts are cloudy, and look scratched. So likely they are just test shots.

The clear parts look pretty thick too, especially the separate sliding section. I will be curious to see if it can be posed slid back open without looking goofy.

Edited by bjohns5
  • Like 1

I’d be interested to hear views from Battle experts once a bit more is known. Given how much work the Trumpy Fulmar has taken, I might leave this until it’s been in release for a while.

cheers

Steve

• Like 2

On 4/27/2024 at 12:39 PM, New Tool said:

The canopy doesn't look too bad. Seen at Model World Live at the NEC 

https://postimg.cc/qzXTM1Jz

Link please if so.

The Battle canopy has very prominent V-strut interior bracing, I haven’t seen any evidence Trumpeter has tried to replicate this feature.

1280px-Fairey_Battle_cockpit_RAF_Museum_

• Like 2

Definitely not a Battle expert at all but it looks to me like they got the cross section on the canopy wrong (again) by going with a squared off cross section rather than the curved cross section evident in the picture in the previous post,

• Like 6