Hasegawa newsletters 2023 - 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11 & 12

Homebee

3 hours ago, Steve McArthur said:

CAT4 also an intakes set if you start from an A-4E/F kit. At least I think that's what it's intended to be, These products are all over e-bay, but I rarely see anyone use or review them. They also have a A/B/C specific nose gear door (the interior detail is different) and a couple different C noses.

What CAT4 products you need will vary depending on what kit you are starting with and what specific variant you are trying to make.  The one thing I don't see is a "B" specific instrument panel.  The Hasegawa boxing has a different panel on the sprue with the B nose and this was included in the old MAW B Conversion also intended for the C kit.

Ah, my bad. I didn’t know about the intakes set. Thanks for the correction.

Rich

Edited by plastiksurgeon

• Homebee changed the title to Hasegawa newsletters 2023 - 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11 & 12
  • 5 months later...
On 21/08/2023 at 20:40, Ad-4N said:

Another month, another no 1/48 A-4B.  

On 22/08/2023 at 17:56, Stephen said:

If you get an A-4E/F you can get the conversion parts from CAT4 to build an A-4B. 

On 22/08/2023 at 18:20, plastiksurgeon said:

The CAT4 A-4B conversion set is intended to backdate the Hasegawa A-4C kit. More is needed to go from an E/F to a B.

Edit: my apologies @Stephen . See below.

On 22/08/2023 at 19:46, Steve McArthur said:

CAT4 also has an intakes set if you start from an A-4E/F kit. At least I think that's what it's intended to be, These products are all over e-bay, but I rarely see anyone use or review them. They also have a A/B/C specific nose gear door (the interior detail is different) and a couple different C noses.

What CAT4 products you need will vary depending on what kit you are starting with and what specific variant you are trying to make.  The one thing I don't see is a "B" specific instrument panel.  The Hasegawa boxing has a different panel on the sprue with the B nose and this was included in the old MAW B Conversion also intended for the C kit.

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but....

I have the Hasegawa A-4E (and a Hasegawa A-4C) with the CAT4 resin nose and intakes. Unfortunately, the A-4B resin nose is approximately 1mm too short and too narrow to fit either the E or C, the intakes are similarly challenging. I'm currently working on my own conversion for the A-4C. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1