Following Members... Does this work?

As the title says. I have added a number of members to follow but I don't get any notifications about them. Am I doing something wrong? What I would like is that I get a notification when a 'followed member' starts a new thread.

Can someone from Admin, or other clever people, explain how the 'Follow Member' works?

Stuart

• Like 1

You have to update your notification settings.

First, go to Notifications (the little bell icon in the top right hand corner menu).

Then, select the little cog icon for Notification Settings.

Then, scroll down the menu options until you see the menu for Followed Content and select it.

Then scroll down until you find Followed Members. There's a tick box there that says Notification List, make sure it's selected.

That should do it 👍

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Courageous said:

Cheers Alan but I think I will be notified everytime they post? I would like to be notified when they start a new topic...

Stuart

I was going to answer your question (in your double Sabre thread) on the same issue, and indeed I have also discovered that you do get everything that the people you follow post, which I've already found to be a bit too much!

Perhaps we can get the mods @Mike not sure who else, to look at getting the feature suggested by Stuart added?

Terry

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Courageous said:

Cheers Alan but I think I will be notified everytime they post? I would like to be notified when they start a new topic...

Stuart

That's a lot trickier...it's easier just to look their profile up directly and view their content, filtered by Topics (not posts)

After all, how often do people start new topics? It's not a daily thing.

• Like 3