British Light Utility Car Tamiya 1/48

Hi All,

This is a great idea from @Enzo Matrix so I decided to jump in a join. Lots of potential kits in the stash but I decided to avoid the Royal reviews of the RAF type thing so found a picture of the Queen as 'Princess Elizabeth' showing her as a 2nd Subaltern in the ATS being reviewed by King George and The Queen. She is leaning against the bonnet of M1136086 which makes the choice easy.

I'll be using the 1/48 scape Tamiya Tilley which will make a useful diorama accessory later. I have a lot of these Tamiya kits in the stash but have never built one so this will be interesting.

Here's the box. still wrapped in film

Tilley

There's not much inside the box to justify the price but it should be a straightforward build.

Tilley parts

I might not get started until atfer the Jubilee weekend though!

Colin

• Like 11

• 3 weeks later...

Right the 1/48 lancaster in the Big and Britih Group Build is done so I will be into this very soon.

Theres not much of it however so I might have to post a few filler threads to pad it out....:whistle:

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 2:26 AM, Black Knight said:

How are you getting on with this?

Hi, I am actually waiting for my Local Hobby Shop to get a delivery of SCC2 paint. It's been like this for about 2 weeks!

I'm away this weekend so if it doesn't come next week then its Olive drab.

IMG_20220701_173543986

• Like 3

Status update. I gave up waiting for the LHS to get the SCC2 so mixed my own. Just as I finished they rang up to tell me the paint was in....

So here is my rendition of SCC2 overall and almost ready for assembly.

IMG_20220714_142648170

• Like 6