Every Vally Shall Be Exalted - The Valentine Tank Family Vol.1 - Finished

Looks good. Deciding when to stop is always tough.

With a bit of critical eye, the tarps look good too. They look just like they belong where they are but maybe a bit too much contrast and if anything, the chipping looks a bit overdone. I would think a vehicle such as this in the desert theatre would be more worn through than chipped. But of course it all depends when and where and what conditions it was actually exposed.   It is always a tough call as a photograph can mislead - in the flesh it may look just right.

cheers, Graham

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ColonelKrypton said:

Looks good. Deciding when to stop is always tough.

With a bit of critical eye, the tarps look good too. They look just like they belong where they are but maybe a bit too much contrast and if anything, the chipping looks a bit overdone. I would think a vehicle such as this in the desert theatre would be more worn through than chipped. But of course it all depends when and where and what conditions it was actually exposed.   It is always a tough call as a photograph can mislead - in the flesh it may look just right.

cheers, Graham

Thanks for the praise Graham. Overly contrasting paint and wildly exaggerated chipping was EXACTLY what I intended. That is Grand Opera style, free from the shackles of the futile quest for 'realism'. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

To me Bertie, it looks as though it has spent several months being battered by sirocco winds, and as Etchen says, hob nailed boots. Nice work.

John.

And mortar stonks and hailstones and zombie warriors wearing barbed wire armour...

• Haha 2

On 10/21/2022 at 4:00 PM, Bertie McBoatface said:

Here's another fave tool of mine. It's from Mr Hobby and overcomes arthritic thumb problems completely.

thank you for posting that.  Mr Cap Opener.  Couldn't find one in the usual hobby stores I buy from but found one on amazon.ca 

It will come in handy.

cheers, Graham

• Like 2

• Bertie McBoatface changed the title to Every Vally Shall Be Exalted - There will now be a pause while I do some other things.
  • 2 months later...

I still have six Valentine kits to build and the page count of this thread is approaching the 40 page maximum. Since there is going to be a long pause (possibly years) before I return to the Vallys, let's consider this thread finished and I will begin volume 2 when I start again. 

Thanks for all the encouraging participation, people. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Bertie McBoatface changed the title to Every Vally Shall Be Exalted - The Valentine Tank Family Vol.1 - Finished