Revell 1/48 Tornados

BuckMerdoc

To date Revell have released the following variants of their recent kit: 

Panavia Tornado IDS (03987); Tornado GR.4 (04924); Tornado F.3 ADV (03925); Tornado ASSTA 3.1 (03849);Tornado GR.4 Farewell (03853)

Eduard have released the following limited edition licensed versions of the Revell Tornado:

Good Bye Tornado F.3 ADV (11126 ); Tornado F.3 ADV RAF 25th anniversary (BFC074); Tornado GR.1 Desert Babe (11136)

Revell did issue a 1/48 Tornado ECR in the mid-90's but that was based on the earlier Italeri mould. Eduard have now done the GR.1 along with a shedload of relevant stores and other resin and photo-etch parts for it. And to be honest converting an IDS or (preferably) a GR.4 kit to a GR.1 won't be the most difficult conversion anyone could try ;). Most of what you need is already in the GR.4 boxing.  These kits are well discounted at the moment and with aftermarket decals (and stores if you want them) readily available.

But Revell seem to be getting maximum milage for this kit so an ECR (and even a further GR.1) could be in their plans down the line.

Rich

Edited by RichG
  • Like 2

As a side note, not sure why Eduard haven’t got round to releasing their Mk10 Brassin seats yet, still only available as included in the Desert Babe kit.

6 hours ago, RichG said:

To date Revell have released the following variants of their recent kit: 

Panavia Tornado IDS (03987); Tornado GR.4 (04924); Tornado F.3 ADV (03925); Tornado ASSTA 3.1 (03849);Tornado GR.4 Farewell (03853)

Eduard have released the following limited edition licensed versions of the Revell Tornado:

Good Bye Tornado F.3 ADV (11126 ); Tornado F.3 ADV RAF 25th anniversary (BFC074); Tornado GR.1 Desert Babe (11136)

Revell did issue a 1/48 Tornado ECR in the mid-90's but that was based on the earlier Italeri mould. Eduard have now done the GR.1 along with a shedload of relevant stores and other resin and photo-etch parts for it. And to be honest converting an IDS or (preferably) a GR.4 kit to a GR.1 won't be the most difficult conversion anyone could try ;). Most of what you need is already in the GR.4 boxing.  These kits are well discounted at the moment and with aftermarket decals (and stores if you want them) readily available.

But Revell seem to be getting maximum milage for this kit so an ECR (and even a further GR.1) could be in their plans down the line.

Rich

Heres to hoping the do! I really want to build an Italian ECR. But the only ECR's in 48th are the Italeri and Hobby Boss versions. They both have their pluses and minuses which im sure youre all very familiar with. I guess i could use the Revell IDS/GR.4 and plug the gun port(s) but something tells me it'd be more involved than just that

4 hours ago, BuckMerdoc said:

Heres to hoping the do! I really want to build an Italian ECR. But the only ECR's in 48th are the Italeri and Hobby Boss versions. They both have their pluses and minuses which im sure youre all very familiar with. I guess i could use the Revell IDS/GR.4 and plug the gun port(s) but something tells me it'd be more involved than just that

There is a equipment Blister behind the nose landing gear, and another smaller one alongside the nose gear door. The Krueger flaps on the wing glove area were deleted and sensors installed in the leading nibs. The sensor bar on top of the fin also houses ECR sensors. HARM missiles carried for the mission also.

Pm me if your stuck for the main underfuselarge Blister.