Zvezda TU-154. Fail take two!

stevej60

Hi folk's,following on from my post last night in chat all the kit seems to be there.

So 8AM coffee in hand here we go,going for the Soviet era airline scheme as for this one various holes and a bank of large windows on the fuselage underside

don't need to be opened and the white over gray scheme with the rest as decals suits the time constraints,it's all about the painting if it goes pear shape it's

goodnight Vienna! Kit wise what a beauty,fit is great and clicks together on a dry run as can be seen,engines assembled after painting the turbines fuselage

joined after windows and tail engine trunking etc added.Giving her an hour or two to dry before sanding the seams.9AM photo.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 2

Afternoon folk's,well its been a matter of popping up in the loft for ten minutes throughout the morning and here we are.Sprayed the fuselage

white outside but decided with rain due to brush paint the gray which is just about dry.I'm out to get a bit of shopping as the missus has no concept

of what a blitz build is about but once back I hope to have her glossed and ready for decals by 5PM.The wheels are painted so a bit of silver on the

leading edges and other parts at the end of the build.3.05PM.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Wow Steve thats impressive considering how little time you have taken. 

Enjoy the shopping trip !

Cheers Pat 

Many thanks Pat.😀

4 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Just remember that’s the plane not your missus!

:coat:

Glossed? tarred and feathered would be the word Adrian,after shopping it was "Oh must pop into my Sister's" nearly an hour and a half later we left,this has knocked me

well back but plodding on,just leaving the gloss to really dry and the U/C to set hope to have some decals on soon.now 5.48PM.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1

Good lord decal's surprisingly awful,broke up sadly so I think that's a wrap,doesn't seem as if this Blitzbuild was meant I'll box her up and look for some AM

in the future.

• Sad 1