thoughts on Whitley V interior colours?

elger

Hello all,

Also mentioned in my WIP thread - I need some input on Whitley V interior colours. I'm working on the Airfix kit representing an aircraft of 78 Squadron lost late 1941.

I think Airfix is right in their instructions to call for an interior green cockpit section. However, I'm wondering if the rear section of the fuselage (basically all the way back from the main wing spar, or perhaps even starting with the w/o compartment, whether the interior should be painted aluminium as other British heavies instead of interior green.

A similar thing for the wheel bays: Airfix calls for aluminium, but most British heavies (including Wellingtons) appear to have the wheel bays, but also flaps, painted black.

Does anyone care to shed any light on this?

- Elger

Edited by elger
spelling error

Thanks for all those. Rear fuselage definitely looks like aluminium to me. Now to decide where it started - at the main wing spar or already at the w/o's position.

And I'm leaning towards black for the wheel bays. Although the inside of the flap of DY-N above looks a little lighter than black?

Elger

10 hours ago, elger said:

Thanks for all those. Rear fuselage definitely looks like aluminium to me. Now to decide where it started - at the main wing spar or already at the w/o's position.

And I'm leaning towards black for the wheel bays. Although the inside of the flap of DY-N above looks a little lighter than black?

Elger

What do you think? Black?

large_000000.jpg?_ga=2.123798154.1083655

large_000000.jpg?_ga=2.120128136.1083655

Chris