Zvezda BF 109F Marseille

Another finish for 2018, the lovely Zvezda 1/72 BF109F built as one of Hans Joachim Marseille's planes. Paints were Mr Color and Alclad. Markings were a mix of aftermarket and tail kill markings from a truly horrible Mistercraft  "kit". For this one I threw everything at it, resin guns, oil dot weathering, paint chipping with a prismacolor pencil, a funky way to simulate armoured glass and even tried to replicate yellow sand on the undercarriage. WIP is here.

stbd1.jpg

back1.jpg

Top1.jpg

topback.jpg

topfront.jpg

navlight.jpg

gunglassdetail.jpg

under

frontlo.jpg

port1.jpg

And finally, in a "I bought it so I'll use it" moment, a little plastic model, going round and round, just like a Zamboni...

Cheers and a happy weekend to all.

A

• Like 29

3 hours ago, Hairtrigger said:

Fabulous....  I have an old Frog 109F in my stash but there is no colour code indication cited for the brown what did you use on your 109?

@Hairtrigger Thanks for the compliment, here are the paints I used for this. The sand "yellow" is RLM79. This plane is in a pretty standard RLM79/78 scheme used in Africa.

paints

Great build – hard to believe it's 1:72nd!

Deceased horse being flogged again: those silver blotches on the prop blades are a popular figment of modeller's imagination – nothing whatsoever to do with a real life service aeroplane. 😉

Even in a tropical environment with sand in the air, what you might see is a gradual thinning out of the paint towards the tip of the backside of the blade. You might also notice a narrow hint of metal along the the extreme leading edge. That's all.

Otherwise, a really nice finish!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1