1:48 Academy Hughes 500D (CHiPs)

fids

I'm sure there are gentlemen of a certain age who remember the exploits of Jon and Ponch of the California Highway patrol.

I'll be doing the Academy 1:48 scale Hughes 500d, with motorbike

have to finish the Lynx I have on the go at the minute, hopefully a week should do it.

having trouble uploading images at the minute, m end. For some reason I'm saving images and they are being saved as .JPE inspead of .JPEG.

• Like 5

back in the room

SAM_1082.jpg

It's a great little kit and I did it for the Helicopter GB II. Tricky in a couple of places but worth the effort - a link to mine is here...http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234940965-148-academy-hughes-500d-finished/

Thanks, any assistance is always really appreciated.

Small matter of getting this little badger finished first

SAM_1083.jpg

Just a quick update, nearly finished the Lynx, had my grand kids here since Saturday so no chance of getting anything done with two ninja stormtrooper trained chimps climbing all over me.

I'ma couple, of hours away from finishing the Lynx, won't get a chance til the weekend. Then its 6 nations rugby of course

Ah well, I've got til June to get the Hughes 500 done :-)

SAM_1097.jpg

• 1 month later...

6 nations done, well done England, scunners to a man :-)

Work going mental calmed down

Easter invasion of grand kids dne

so, Lynx finished, have to say I had a disaster or two finishing it. First coat of matt varnish must have been contaminated because when it dried it was covered in white patches. Patched that up as best I could but not the best. Anyway calling it done and its up on a high shelf :-)

SAM_1105.jpg

and I've finally made a start

SAM_1101.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mine doesn't quite look like that :winkgrin::oops: had serious problems with the decals and the main rotor is proving to be a challenge

Keeping on keeping on though :thumbsup:

• Like 1

What's the issue with it buddy? I found it easier to assemble the whole rotor head and blades before any paint went on. Just liquid poly was strong enough if I remember right.