Airfix 1/72 Sea Harrier FA.2

Hi All, I'm posting my first inspection post here. What I have is my latest build, but it was a model I bought and started in 2010, to try and rekindle my interest in the hobby, while on a caravan holiday. Needless to say, I bought the wrong colours, and the bad fit I encountered put me right off. It was Sept 2014 when I got back into building again. Anyway, I picked the box up again last week, and felt that same bug in my belly that I had when I bought it. I've included a before and after shot too.

I'm aware I missed Aerials and other parts from the build.

MG_0453_copy.jpg

MG_0454.jpgSHAR_B_A_copy.jpg

• Like 11

Looking good, nice recovery. Keep it going and I'm guessing you'll keep that bug going strong

Thank you Simon, oh yes, I have no more half built kits now. It feels good to put it to bed. I'm going to build either a Seafire, Spit PR, or MkV next. Back to 1/48.

Edited by Markie Smizzle

Great work!!

Thanks, Val

Wouldn't worry about the wrong colours, I generally do that anyway be it modelling or clothes. At least you finished it. I gave up on mine

I'm a bit of a perfectionist lol, it just really annoyed me at the time. As soon as I realised how bad it looked, it went straight back in the box, then in storage for 5 and a bit years, until I realised it was time to sort it.

• Like 1

Nicely done, welcome back into the fold!

I only got back into it again about 5 years ago too, my next few builds will be replacing some of those early experiments to bring them up to my current standards.

Ian

• Like 1

Nicely done, welcome back into the fold!

I only got back into it again about 5 years ago too, my next few builds will be replacing some of those early experiments to bring them up to my current standards.

Ian

As in building the same kits, but using your new stlye and techniques? or repair them upto your current standards?

I like it nice

Rgds

Thanks Mr B

Nice save Mark look's good to me! :thumbsup:

Thanks Steve, I took a pic of it next to my 1/48 GR3 too...

MG_0455.jpg

Edited by Markie Smizzle
  • Like 1