Dragon Sherman Mk.III 1/72

BerndM

Shame about the Sherman Bernd, but the ship looks mighty impressive. Will we being it in RFI soon?

Sean

• Like 2

Good morning mates and a big thank you for all the comments. Solving this fit problems takes a lot of care and there is a lot of work in this little kit.

The Sherman will be done, its just a question of time, after all i am surprised that this part of the build is so different as on the M4A1 build.

Will post the Hood soon, i think its a bit late for a wip but there is still a lot of work to do on her. This kit had a lot of bad fitting parts and the worst is solved now. :captain:

My navy trip came mainly from an order, the customer bought some very nice ships in 1/350 scale and there is a beautiful H.M.S Queen Elizabeth on BMs "Naval Department"

My Hood was started back in 2008 and was intended as a oob build but it stalled after i noticed the gap all around her hull, where the upper and the under water part of the hull come together, filling and sanding took hours :fraidnot:

The next attempt, now with a detail set from Trumpy and a Big Ed PE set, stalled too, because of more ill fillting parts and i started to dislike the turrets, after reading more and more reviews about the kit

Help came from a WEM Turret set and i got me a wooden self adhesive deck from a company, called Pontos.

Hood wasn t only expensive for british tax payers. :blink:

Most of the problems with the kit are solved and i am enjoying the fiddly but rewarding detail work on her. More of Hood and the Sherman soon here on BM

Wish you all a great day and a good start into the coming weekend

Cheers

Bernd

• Like 1

Thank you very much for this offering, we will see, guess it can be managed and i will give the front a test primer and will see how it look under paint.

Not much modelling this weekend, our heater/boiler quit and flooded the cellar, what a mess :(

Thank you very much for this offering, we will see, guess it can be managed and i will give the front a test primer and will see how it look under paint.

Not much modelling this weekend, our heater/boiler quit and flooded the cellar, what a mess :(

Sorry to hear about the flooded cellar Bernd! Hope it hasn't damaged anything important.

Hope you also manage to get a bit of a weekend in as well as sorting it all out.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Good morning my friends. It is/was a nightmare. The cellar rooms were flooded, incl. the stock. Thankfully everything is stored on metal shelfs and nothing was damaged.

Currently we have a shop in some boxes in our rooms, until the cellar is dry.

Cleaning up is done so far and we are looking forward. The boiler is beyond repair.

Today, we decided to have a calm Sunday, which will include some modelling. Hood and Sherman needs a lot of TLC !

Wish you a great Sunday too

Cheers

Bernd

• Like 1

Hi Bernd. Hope you are well.

Good news about none of the stock being damaged and glad you're basically sorted - apart from the boiler.

Hope you get some relaxed modelling done.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Good morning Stix, we will see with our heater. Thankfully it quit not in January !! The cold water showers are really refreshing :winkgrin: .....

There is still some work to do downstairs but not much damage. So we will solve that soon.

And yes, today on the plan : Modelling !

Hood and Sherman are on the bench and last evening i digged out my old Airfix H.M.S Belfast, some touch ups and it will be back on display

Best Wishes

Bernd