RN Admirals Barge Decals- Can Anybody Please Help?

tonyot

Hiya Folks,

I`ve already tried in the `Wanted' section to no avail so I just wondered if anybody could please help me out on here instead please?

I have a couple of modelling projects in the pipeline including a 1/48th scale Expeditor but I don`t have any Royal Navy Admirals Barge Pennant decals left in my spares box,.....can anybody please help? I`ve attached a few examples below the Union Flag. If anybody can help out that would be fantastic and I would be very grateful indeed,

Cheers

Tony

RN+Rank+flags.png

Hiya Bruce,

Cheers mate,......yes they were in quite a few kits and the best ones that I had came from an Aeroclub sheet for the Hunter T.7/8 to go with their conversion set. Apart from that I cannot think of any 1/48th scale kits off the top of my head but I will go away and meditate!

Some after market sheets could also have included them over the years.

I`ll update later if anything comes to mind.

Cheers

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

I have had a few PM`s advising me to approach http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/user/1581-paul-parkes682decals/ but the quote was far too expensive for me at £45 per sheet, which he says is far cheaper than any other custom decal manufacturer,......so it is back to square one,......can anybody please help?

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot

Hi Tony,

As these all have white backgrounds, they are really easy to print onto white decal paper, cut around to the shape you need, then use. If you let me know the exact sizes you want, I should be able to print some off for you- PM your address.

Hiya Ben & Hovering,........I`m not sure of the exact dimensions as I`m going from a photograph,........I`ll see if I can find out. Some of them also had the flag pole attached and most had the pennant `fluttering'. I used my last one on this Dakota;

Dak1_zps21abfd1d.jpg

Cheers

Tony

The flag pole is trickier- but it should be possible to cut out a sliver of the paper for the pole.

Let me know the sizes, and I'll make up a sheet with different combinations of pennant, pole and fluttering, and post a link to it here for you to check.

The flag pole is trickier- but it should be possible to cut out a sliver of the paper for the pole.

Let me know the sizes, and I'll make up a sheet with different combinations of pennant, pole and fluttering, and post a link to it here for you to check.

Can't help personally, but I was impressed by yet another example of the generosity and willingness to help a fellow modeller.

This surely is what the game is all about.

Chris.

• Like 1

Thanks ever so much Ben,......I`ll get on and do some measuring asap,.......as we say up here "its reet gradely of you".

Cheers

Tony