Another Airfix Typhoon question

Monty Python

Have just received my first Airfix Tiffie 1:24 scale kit and have a question regarding one part.

I have noticed that there are 3 spinners, 1 for four blades (G05) and 2 for three blades (G10 - G11). There is no mention in the instructions for G-11. I was wondering if this could be taken as a pointer to a car door version?

Looking at the parts, and I think someone has posted on this form comments attributed to "someone at Airfix", that a car door version has been considered as a distinct possibility since the kit was first mooted. But I could be wrong.....

The cut-outs in the fuselage halves, which need fill-in parts, are the giveaway, since that's where the doors will go. For future reference (and I know they're black & white) the photos in the Pilot's Notes (car door version) indicate a grey-green interior.

Edgar

Yes, it is tooled to make a car door version possible. However, it cannot be taken for granted.

The Mosquito was equally obviously tooled to make a bomber nose version possible, but that was getting on for four years ago and we haven't seen one yet.

Looking at the parts, and I think someone has posted on this form comments attributed to "someone at Airfix", that a car door version has been considered as a distinct possibility since the kit was first mooted. But I could be wrong.....

Not wrong: I was told by someone on the Airfix stand that a car door version would be produced if demand for the current release justified it. Hope they get their canopy problems sorted by then.