Airfix 1/76 PaK-40 and Opel truck

burncpt

Hi all,

My second attempt at anything not medium-scale aircraft so be gentle!

I wasgiven this kit to complete for the up-and-coming D-Day diorama at the Hornby museum - my club is organising and preparing the hundreds of tanks, guns, aircraft, ships and figures which will feature. I have done a 1/76 Sherman for the same display.

It is not muddied up yet as I don't know what shades will be used in the diorama so it would be silly to have it not matching - nonetheless I hope my feeble attempts at weathering pass muster here on the armour forum. I actually really enjoyed it - was lovely to leave the filler alone and just experiment with preshading/washes and chipping, and all done in a couple of days!

Cheers,

Chris

IMG_0079_zps135adb3c.jpg

IMG_0081_zps32a89520.jpg

IMG_0082_zps2b89ca04.jpg

• Like 7

Cheers guys! I think I need a better camera - seems anything close-up with my old canon just gets blurry and washed-out. I've just noticed how obvious the airfix writing is on the underneath - probably should have sanded that off but at least it won't be seen when it's in place... :shrug:

very nice - built this one 30 years ago or so... nowhere near your standard (well i was only 11).. sometimes I wonder about revisiting some of the old Airfix/Matchbox stuff of my childhood... then think my eyesight wont cope with 1/76 anymore ;-)

• 1 year later...