'69 Chevy Nova

Hi guys this is number 4 for the year, Revells '69 Nova. The plan for this was always Mica Blue, I'm trying a for a range of Mica muscle, but following a pre-shading experiment, that failed, it went to black. Unfortunately I had a reaction with the clear coat which put this to the spares box. 6 months further on I got involved with a club and decided to pull this out and resurrect it. I got it finished on the Saturday night before Midland Expo where it made its debut.

Into a bath of fairy power spray for a few days removed most of the old paint, I rescribed the doors and boot/trunk and primed with Tamiya fine surface. painted once again in Zero's Mica Blue and cleared with Zero pre-thinned clear as usual. The wheels were changed to Centrelines from the '70 chevelle kit, using the nova's tires

9599846700_26dc7732c7_z.jpg
012 by Big Marco1, on Flickr

9599837238_98a560d6c2_z.jpg
014 by Big Marco1, on Flickr

9599817430_97e40bce90_z.jpg
018 by Big Marco1, on Flickr

9599796314_25557f6262_z.jpg
022 by Big Marco1, on Flickr

9597009613_aaf48df223_z.jpg
024 by Big Marco1, on Flickr

All C&C welcomed, many thanks for reading

Marc

• Like 2

Many thanks Steve.

Next up are not strictly following the theme, with a restoration Camel yellow '70 Chevelle SS and a Sterling Grey Cobra 427. Somewhere on here is my Mica purple Hemi 'Cuda and I think future plans include a Kawasaki Mica green (ZXRR colour) '69 Camaro, and something will be done in Ford's asbo orange or a similar Lotus shade, possibly a 70.5 Camaro.

Sounds like an excellent line up. I have done quite a few yank tanks in the past but had a break for them for quite a while. Still got a couple of Mustangs and a Charger in the stash, must pull one soon and have a go at it.

Is the Sterling grey Cobra you have planned the Revell kit? You did a great job on that last one!

Steve.

Many thanks Alpha

Steve, it certainly is, I picked this one up from Graham77 quite recently. The clear is currently curing, I'm hoping to get it polished on Thursday for final assembly on Friday. I really enjoy these cobra kits, they build so easily. it pained me to give the last one away, even more so to see how little care has been taken of it. Yours is a nice build too.

A little teaser of the latest Cobra

9602638096_ce7cc61281_z.jpg
002 by Big Marco1, on Flickr

Edited by marc

Excellent. Is it going to have wires or American Race alloys.

I am stalled on my build at the moment, waiting for decals from Revell. The two I have in WIP do not have the Cobra badges on the decal sheet, how lame is that, lol.

Cheers,

Steve.

I only have the American racing for these, it fits with my inspiration pic as well. I did hope the grey would've been lighter but it works really well in the flesh. This kit was missing the rear diff, I must track one down for the next one

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...