Post-apocalyptic HEMTT

SeanM

As I lost my modelling desk until tomorrow night and couldn't be painting or messing with any of that smelly stuff in the kitchen I started on this....cutting & glueing are OK at the table. It's the Italeri kit that I'm building for an "End of Days" post-apocalyptic group build over on Armorama. The plan is to build it OOB initially and then I'll add the post-apocalyptic stuff. I just haven't decided how the world will end: zombie plague, global drought, meteor strike, rise of anarchy, new ice age, sea-level rise etc etc So what scenario do you fancy and what would you add to survive in that world? Let your imaginations run riot! No idea is too crazy....but involving lots of guns is good!

Hemtt1_zpsdbb462cf.jpg

That's one of my Landrovers in the cargo bed on the left, the engine in the middle and the chassis half done.

This build is strictly fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Chassis done:
Hemtt8_zpsd6fd3d12.jpg

Detail painting of some parts may be an issue having put it all together first, but we can hust dirty it all up to hide any mistakes ;-)

Started the cab and cargo bed (just dry fitted here)
Hemtt5_zpsf469e4c3.jpg

And the crane: it moves! Probably won't when painted but went together very nicely
Hemtt6_zpse3c9109e.jpg

Hemtt7_zpse7a9ac0f.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting concept Martin.... do you know any kit version in 1/35 scale ;-)

Starting to work on the add-on armour:
DSCF4934_zps1df9a993.jpg

Quite happy with how it's come out so far....neet to really dirty up the steel armour with rust etc though

• 3 weeks later...

Starting to come together. Still a lot of detail to be added and then weathering....

Hemtt9_zps2505566f.jpg

Hemtt11_zps79477ad3.jpg

Hemtt10_zpsd00567b1.jpg

But I'm getting there....

Currently working on hill-billy frames for mesh guards over the windows alright.

Armament plan at the moment is .50 front & rear and a Mk19 inbetween. M240 or 249 on each side wall.

And gear....lots of crates, packs, boxes, ammo cans, jerry cans....

Looking very promising already.... How about some Mini-guns on the back? They always look very cool and purposeful. The obvious option would be a couple of .50 cal M2's. Let's face it, a person could go in any number of ways with a build like this and that's a big part of the appeal.

Keep up the good work, mate.

Chris.

PS: Have you seen any of the vehicle photos from the new Mad Max movie, out next year? Could provide you with some inspiration...

Thanks Mark. Go for it: it is fun!

Thanks Chris.....mini-guns would be cool, but this is an economy build so only what's in the spares box been used. When I get my hands on a Live Resin min-gun(s) it will be for a more realistic build....hopefully an M-Atv. Can't wait for the new MM movie but those vehicles are just a wee bit OTT for my tastes. Still undecided on a dozer blade or not....or some scratch built bull-bars for clearing road obstacles.

No photos at the moment but the mesh is on the windows and lots of crates and ammo cans in....even found a battered old motorbike wich will get cleaned up a bit and strapped to the rear for any emergency get of of Dodge event. Making loads of those paper food cartons: I'd forgotten what a PITA they are. Also attempted to make the armour look rusted...used a crimson & brown oil wash....result is mixed to say the least.

Here you go Snapper.

I still have to make smaller ons for the front triangle window on each side, the little window under the drivers feet and the two orear windows but need to get smaller evergreen for those frames. Alos have to add bolt heads to the main ons. Probably should have done that before putting them on. Sorry the pics aren't great:

Hemtt-Win-1_zps7fae4cb1.jpg

Hemtt-Win-2_zps15ce73af.jpg

Thanks for watching & commenting!

Sean

• 2 weeks later...

Did some more work on the windows:

Hemtt-Win-4_zps306b9925.jpg

Hemtt-Win-3_zpsf82e626f.jpg

And more gear in the rear.....

Hemtt-stowage_zps5f3cb76c.jpg

Still lots to be done.

Have decided to go fo hill-billy-bull-bars rather than a dozer blade...it's easier!

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly there Snapper...

Build & kit-out complete....just the weathering to complete and then the wing mirrors can go back on and it's done....

DSCF5194_zpsc660f5b9.jpg

DSCF5195_zps459ca9a1.jpg

DSCF5197_zps99042df5.jpg

DSCF5199_zpsde352446.jpg

DSCF5200_zps5c263d50.jpg

DSCF5201_zps78ddf440.jpg

That's it for tonight!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

They say a picture paints a thousand words:

Hemtt-pieces_zps2213a684.jpg

But there was only one word for this when it happened about 3 weeks ago!

It can be recovered though....eventually....

Ouch I feel for you - I dropped the Bar-armoured Scimitar I'd been working on for 6 months last year the day after I completed it while setting up the photo booth. It really really hurts...

Best thing is to get it all back together again as soon as possible...

It's had a major over-haul in the repair shop and is now officially complete! The underside has a few flaws (top probably has a few too but I just don't see them) but I'm happy with how it turned out. The fun with these post-apocalypse what-if builds is the amount of literary licence you can use. Anyway guys, thanks for watching & commenting and I hope you like the finished article:

Hemtt-fin-1_zpseda32f6c.jpg

Hemtt-fin-2_zpsa723edb1.jpg

Hemtt-fin-3_zps28e79005.jpg

Hemtt-fin-4_zps7f69f2a2.jpg

Hemtt-fin-5_zpsa9ead55a.jpg

I'll take some proper posed shots when daughter comes home from holidays with her proper camera.

Thanks again
Sean