Spitfire Mk.Vb Trop Tamiya 1/72 (I.R.Gleed's a/c)

Hi Folks!

Finally finished. I started this build almost year ago (small kid and work don't leave much time for modelling). The kit is well known Tamiya's product with all issues. The biggest problem was the Aboukir which was a bit oversized. Yet in general it was very nice and easy build. The kit is painted with Gunze C and H colours. I used declas made by Sky Models (all a/c and national markings) which are very good and Techmod's stencils which suprised me with the superb quality. The biggest faults are: canopy and windshield which I masked with homemade masks and undercarriage. The last issue I could fix but I noticed it after fitting the wheel.'s Oh yes, it supossed to be I.R. Gleed's a/c but, I think, I put markings in wrong places.

OK. That's her - feel free to criticise.

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

Now I have to find some time to finish another Spit and A6M5c Zero before winter comes.

Cheers

Dominik

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well,that certainly looks like "The Widge's" Spit to me(it says IR*G all up the side anyway).

The paint finish looks pretty good and bravo,you've not over-weathered her with big thick

black panel lines.

Your masking on the glass looks ok to me and I can't see a problem with the undercart,

though you have snapped her with it hidden you wily devil. :evil_laugh: .

All in all Dom,I think you've done a nice job there.

Criticise? Okay then, em... um... nope, looks like a very nice rendition of the machine to me.

Understand what you mean when saying it's hard finding time to work on a model with a young child in the family. Personally I've come to the conclusion that, since every moment I miss of Iona growing up is a moment I will never get again, everything else takes second place and is always there for when the occasional patch of spare time does come around.

• Like 1

Dominik,

Great work. I like your build. The Spit is one of my favorites next to the P-51 Mustang.

Also your color scheme is refreshing and nice.

Karen