Modellbaustudio Rhein Ruhr

stevehed

Hope somebody has, Sir, and can give some feed-back. There are some promising entries in there, both for Great war and Inter-War subjects. If the stuff is decent and the service good, I could see buying several items in short order....

Edited by Old Man

Hi have tried to contact them several times and I only received an answer several weeks later saying that any resin kits could take several weeks to be available. Other modellers had the same experience. Good luck!

I have some Classic Plane and Luedmann vacform and resin kits with mixing experiences. On the resin side, the Taube and the MF 10 are fabulous kits, with very fine detail; The Caproni Ca.3 is a copy of the Meykraft one; Junkers F13, Ju 60 and Ju 160 need some work.

The vacforms are so-so. The Zeppelin Staaken E.4/20 is a very primitive kit; DH4, DH9a, Br14 are good kits, but with the ribs a bit on the heavy side. I have at the moment a Voisin in my bench, a very reasonable kit.

Classic Planes have been around for many years and Detlef is a really nice guy that I've known for about 20 years. Resin kits are often produced to order buy individuals who have a full-time day job rather than huge companies churning out mouldings round the clock. This may explain the delay some modellers have experienced but I would doubt very much if there is any intention to rip anyone off.

Hope this helps.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

You just need a little patience with them, better send another email or phone Detlef during his opening hours instead if being fed up, he always responded to me in the end.

His shop is open Wednesday to Friday from 3PM to 6PM, and on Saturdays I think from 9AM to 12:30.

He is very honest, he will answer questions about the quality and explains the kits you ask for ...

I had a couple of kits from Detlef a couple of years ago, a Hispano Buchan with the BoB movie decals & a conversion for the Airfix Spitfire V with the DB motor that the Luftwaffe installed in a captured example during ww2. I found him good to deal with in every way & came across as a nice guy. The kits were fine, the Spit conversion especially nice.

Steve.